Game Informer Says Nintendo Could Solve Its Wii U Problems With A New Metroid

#31Old_World_OrderPosted 6/17/2013 12:00:14 AM
I would like a new prime game and for metroid other m to be wiped from canon
#32Sk2k52Posted 6/17/2013 12:07:19 AM
I think it's a testament to Metroids popularity, after the huge flop that was Metroid Other M thanks to Sakamoto, fans still screaming for a new game. It did amazing at launch, but died quickly because the story was a massive character assassination for Samus.

I mean, she's been 6 feet for how many games, yet she was the SHORTEST DAMN PERSON in other M? The game tried way too hard to get a japanese audience, that it alienated the western audience's reasons for liking Samus, and Metroid.

The extreme linearity, literally lockign doors behind you as you move on, was a spit to everything that made Metroid popular.
---
http://14thLord.blogspot.com/
Anime Conventions, Movies, and Game reviews, gogo!
#33Sk2k52Posted 6/17/2013 12:09:13 AM
The worst part? The gameplay was solid. It was all directing issues, issues that were forced from the high ups into the game that made Other M fail. A few key demands and directions. Team Ninja's engine I thought was beautiful, intuitive, and fun.
---
http://14thLord.blogspot.com/
Anime Conventions, Movies, and Game reviews, gogo!
#34CasualGamersPosted 6/17/2013 12:22:30 AM
I didn't read this thread, but I will throw in my $.02.

I have never been a fan of Metroid. I don't get the appeal. So I am glad Retro made DK instead of Metroid.

I bought all three DK on the SNES and don't own a single Metroid game.

My personal opinion, I think it makes more financial sense to make DK right now. Cash in on that while DK is still hot, and use the profits from DKRTF to fund an amazing Metroid Wii U game.

Plus, these teams need more experience making hd games. I'd rather them gain more experience with developing for the wii u and hd games so that they can create a Metroid game later that pushes the Wii U's limits.
#35MoonBoundPosted 6/17/2013 12:27:46 AM
kreegan64 posted...
Gameinformer sucks. I subscribed and they still haven't given me my magazines, even after I switched to physical, and sent them an e mail. Nothing, not even so much as the digital versions.

#36MoonBoundPosted 6/17/2013 12:32:45 AM
habsalltheway33 posted...
MoonBound posted...
Metroid needs a reboot, I think they should let you actually be an alien bounty hunter and give you more ability to be faster and stealthy more of a predator, maybe give give it an upgrade system but you still have to find the main items in the classic metroid formula.

I also think third person will work, also it needs a darker theme and story without Japanese influence more western. No offense but it is what it needs. Multiple planets would be nice to.

It would be a great way of expanding the Metroid universe and making the game much more intriguing. Imagine playing as a bounty hunter you know nothing about with unique skills. Not only could it offer different gameplay experiences but it makes the story much more intriguing. Seems to be the route retro would take as stated by tanabe

Finally someone who sees it everyone else could to if they just open there mind they could make samus the next laura craft they really could I swear.
#37MetalKirbyPlushPosted 6/17/2013 12:33:12 AM
If Retro's going to stick to making games for Nintendo, I'd go crazy over the idea of them making an amazing Metroid game of any type. They have more than proven to have the best grasp on what really makes Metroid what it is. Exceptionally well-crafted and subtly done exposition, great world-building and sense of isolation, and all around great gameplay. I would be more than happy to see them use their experience with DKCR and apply it to a 2D Metroid game.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#38The_Shadow_LinkPosted 6/17/2013 12:36:37 AM
If Nintendo were only going to chose the games that would sell the most. They would have showed nothing about X and have shown Wii Sports U instead. Would all of you have been happy with that>
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#39MoonBoundPosted 6/17/2013 12:55:56 AM
MetalKirbyPlush posted...
If Retro's going to stick to making games for Nintendo, I'd go crazy over the idea of them making an amazing Metroid game of any type. They have more than proven to have the best grasp on what really makes Metroid what it is. Exceptionally well-crafted and subtly done exposition, great world-building and sense of isolation, and all around great gameplay. I would be more than happy to see them use their experience with DKCR and apply it to a 2D Metroid game.

Yea for some reason people think they need ai squad or online to have fun the most memorable games are mysterious worlds where you are alone I guess other people feel lonely or something.

Shadow of the collasuas is another amazing isolation game.
#40fawfulmark2Posted 6/17/2013 1:34:19 PM
GigantLuffy posted...
like Super Meat Boy, Minecraft, and Xenoblade Chronicles

LOL! These games don't compete with the likes of Xenoblade. Xenoblade trumps them as badly as Mike Tyson could whoop a baby. To place Minecraft and SMB in the same calibur as Xenoblade is an insult.

like Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Front Mission 3, and Xenoblade Chronicles

Fix'd. Stupid ****ing IGN can't even review God Hand properly. What the hell do they know about god tier games?

......I don't know why, but I have a strange urge to punch you.
---
LoL name: The Noble Kip
Brawl FC: 2280-6185-9316