Sonic Lost World vs Super Mario 3D World - Which one has you more excited?

#11sonicfanaticjtbPosted 6/16/2013 6:35:11 PM
Even after watching gameplay, Lost world looks... Weird... And I'm honestly getting kinda tired of only being able to play as Sonic. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't want another Sonic Adventure were there's a bunch of characters and only a one of 'em (two in the original ) has a fun gameplay style... I do want, however, another game like Sonic Advance were every character has the same goal as Sonic (get to the end of the level ) and they all have unique ways of doing this (Amy has her hammer, Tails can fly, Knuckles and glide and climb ) Can we get this game, Sega? Please? I'll be your best friend!

3D world, on the other hand, looks stupid awesome. I pick Peach!
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#12IokuaPosted 6/16/2013 6:35:34 PM
Neither.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#13SkedarHunterPosted 6/16/2013 7:09:30 PM
3D World.

Probably gonna catch some flak for this, but I haven't really liked any Sonic game I've played or seen after SA2(either the piss-poor attempts to be serious like ShTH or '06, or the light and humorous games like...just about everything else, it seems)...and I'm not even sure I'd still enjoy SA2 now as much as I used to.
---
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
#14manmousePosted 6/16/2013 7:26:31 PM
SkedarHunter posted...

Probably gonna catch some flak for this, but I haven't really liked any Sonic game I've played or seen after SA2(either the piss-poor attempts to be serious like ShTH or '06, or the light and humorous games like...just about everything else, it seems)...and I'm not even sure I'd still enjoy SA2 now as much as I used to.

that's not a very controversial opinion haha, i've been playing Sonic since the early 90's and i pretty much agree, and i think most Sonic fans do.

that's what's exciting about Lost Worlds though, it seems like it stripped off everything that was wrong with previous 3D Sonics like mundane walk-around hub worlds, realistic pale grey modern earth setting and normal humans and such, and ridiculous unnecessary characters like Flomble the Aardvark and Geschpurguloo the half cat half rabbit.

but it brought back the original Genesis art style with the geometric checkerboard world, brought back flickies and Robotnik's trap capsules, made it just Sonic going level to level in neon colorful worlds at high speeds, and pretty much captured the original Sonic experience.

so it actually might not suffer the same curse as previous ones, hopefully.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#15sonicfanaticjtbPosted 6/16/2013 7:28:23 PM
manmouse posted...
SkedarHunter posted...

that's not a very controversial opinion haha, i've been playing Sonic since the early 90's and i pretty much agree, and i think most Sonic fans do.

that's what's exciting about Lost Worlds though, it seems like it stripped off everything that was wrong with previous 3D Sonics like mundane walk-around hub worlds, realistic pale grey modern earth setting and normal humans and such, and ridiculous unnecessary characters like Flomble the Aardvark and Geschpurguloo the half cat half rabbit.

but it brought back the original Genesis art style with the geometric checkerboard world, brought back flickies and Robotnik's trap capsules, made it just Sonic going level to level in neon colorful worlds at high speeds, and pretty much captured the original Sonic experience.

so it actually might not suffer the same curse as previous ones, hopefully.

You've... Never played Sonic Colors, have you?
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#16deathwave21Posted 6/16/2013 7:38:00 PM
I thought 3D World was December?

I was referring to Sonic.
---
Do you want to go to college for free? Go Marines!
#17manmousePosted 6/16/2013 7:42:37 PM
sonicfanaticjtb posted...

You've... Never played Sonic Colors, have you?

i actually do have it and have played a little ways in, and it's a definite huge step towards getting back on the right road and returning to its original neon colored, unearthly, level-to-level roots.

my only real complaints are the racecar controls and crashing into walls (which Lost Worlds allegedly fixes) and the overly fast twitch-reflex gameplay in some parts (whereas the classics felt more fluid and like you were rolling with momentum rather than a motor pushing you forward at a weird pace) but it wasn't enough to ruin the experience or anything, and SLW also apparently has better pacing with the run button and such.

but yeah, i really like Colors. it didn't feel developed enough to really make me fall head over heels, but it's awesome. i should have mentioned it being the exception.

i also hope SLW cuts out the cutscenes. that's something that really doesn't belong in a Sonic game but i wouldn't be surprised if they kept them. not a game killing issue of course, but it'd be nice to see them axed.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#18_Taidow_Posted 6/16/2013 7:53:20 PM
Wow this poll is pretty close. I'm a bit more interested in Sonic due to the new gameplay mechanics.
---
"The answer to a question I never asked." - Bridget Tice
#19IcedEarthaholicPosted 6/16/2013 7:53:23 PM
I am so getting both games, they both look ****ing amazing in their own way and both will be heralded as classics, of that I am positive.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#20XD375Posted 6/16/2013 7:59:05 PM
manmouse posted...
SkedarHunter posted...

Sonic Adventure 2 has most of the problems the later games do, they just weren't as bad. Story-wise, yeah "piss-poor attempt to be serious" describes it pretty well. Gameplay-wise... The actual engine is probably more solid than Adventure 1, but the gameplay and design, the atmosphere (it's all realistic deserts and space stations and stuff), everything feels like it took a large step back. It's not nearly as popular with the fanbase as it was in the mid-2000s.

I still see a lot of love for the game's Chao Garden outside the fanbase though.