If Nintendo doesn't have a "3DS turnaround" with the Wii U this holiday...

#11GoombaXPosted 6/16/2013 6:15:30 PM
Krio Lv3 posted...
It's sad too because and half a dozen of my friends will all be buying WiiU's just for Smash :p.

I'll also be buying X (Working Title) and Mario Kart, but seriously Nintendo does need to up their game, I don't even like Zelda anymore.

Say WHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its cool there are games i dont care much for anymore either.
Like cod but i buy it every year to play with my friends.
Actually Black ops 2 was a step back in the right direction.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: LoZ: MM, MvC 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#12Enigma149Posted 6/16/2013 6:15:35 PM
lp913 posted...
Nah, cause a LOT of gamers have already stated they would get the consoles JUST FOR Mario Kart and especially JUST for Smash. Take that for what you will.

This.

Now, if sales don't pick up once those game hit, then it's in trouble. Not dead (after all, the PS3 came back after 2 1/2 years), but certainly on the edge.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#13mashuPosted 6/16/2013 6:33:46 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Would you say then that the Wii U is in serious trouble?

No, because it's not going to have a turnaround this holiday season. A little bump maybe, but no turnaround. This holiday will mostly be focused on the other two launches, because the bigger Wii U games don't start coming out until 2014. If more great things aren't announced at E3 2014 and there isn't a turnaround started with the release of X, Smash and Kart, then I would say the Wii U very well might be in trouble, but it will take at least a year+ to actually find out.
#14Krio Lv3Posted 6/16/2013 6:44:29 PM
GoombaX posted...
Krio Lv3 posted...
It's sad too because and half a dozen of my friends will all be buying WiiU's just for Smash :p.

I'll also be buying X (Working Title) and Mario Kart, but seriously Nintendo does need to up their game, I don't even like Zelda anymore.

Say WHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its cool there are games i dont care much for anymore either.
Like cod but i buy it every year to play with my friends.
Actually Black ops 2 was a step back in the right direction.

I hate shooters honestly, I have Golden Eye for the 64 and every other one is just a shinier version of that same game, Golden Eye was awesome and it feels like every other game is just a crappy rehash :p.

Zelda is too much of the same without trying anything new, I still can't gain levels, really discouraging me from killing things for fun, the formula's the same, get 3 somethings, get Master Sword, got 5-7 somethings, beat the big boss, and most feel like the same game with a different art style, that's it.

No Mario game has come out that has ever topped Mario 3, Mario World and Mario RPG, most Mario games are the same with less content.

I enjoy Mario Kart's trying something new, hence why I may buy it.

Pokemon is an awesome Nintendo franchise, each game only adds more each time since you can usually move Pokemon ahead each time. What they need though is a Pokemon Colosseum game with all the good stuff from every game in it's group (Stadium, XD, BR) and none of the bad, as well as a storyline you get a lot more choice in (so you can maybe choose where you go instead of the same formula). Maybe a game on the WiiU that is all 6 gens in one. But most importantly, Nintendo could rule the MMO market if they made a Pokemon MMO, and balanced it out.
---
Taylor Lautner - Giving me strength since the New Moon