In your opinion, is the Wii U's specs the reason 3rd parties aren't.....

#1YamiYugi4400Posted 6/16/2013 5:16:13 PM
Is the Wii U's specs the reason 3rd parties aren't making multiplaform games on the Wii U currently? - Results (140 votes)
Yes, The specs are the issue
22.14% (31 votes)
No, The specs aren't the issue
77.86% (109 votes)
This poll is now closed.
A lot have noticed this E3 that a lot of the games marked as "Next Gen" weren't actually announced for the Wii U. The Wii's U's specs do seem to be lacking when compared to the X1 and Ps4. Do you think the Wii U's specs are why devs aren't putting many Multiplatform games on it that are on the X1/Ps4?
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#2Lelouch71Posted 6/16/2013 6:23:42 PM
Nope

It just a lack of interest or desire to make a Wii U game. Anything else is just BS. The Wii U may be weaker but it's not weak enough where the PS4 and that piece of garbage that is called a system is completely out of their league. The gap between them is like that of a PS2/XBox at minimum and DC and Xbox at most.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#3Tsutarja495Posted 6/16/2013 6:27:53 PM
I don't think it's that, I think it's that third party doesn't sell as well on Nintendo systems. I think if it was the other way around, and the Wii U was more powerful than the other systems, they'd have no problem making downgraded versions for the other systems, because it would sell enough to be worth it.
#4plasticman13Posted 6/16/2013 6:34:21 PM
Can't answer the poll because it's both. The specs are poor, and Nintendo owners don't buy 3rd party games. Also, the WiiU is selling terribly and it will never pick up. It's a sinking ship TBQH.
---
For the latest news on Final Fantasy Versus XIII with interviews, e-mails, etc. with the development staff, please visit:
http://bit.ly/g917a5
#5GoldenJoe24Posted 6/16/2013 6:42:55 PM
Ironically, the bigger budgets necessary to make a AAA game on the PS4Bone are going to limit those consoles to risk-adverse 3rd party games like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty, while companies that want to test new ideas without risking a financial disaster will flock toward the WiiU. All in all, I think it's a good deal.
#6The_DS_KingPosted 6/16/2013 6:47:11 PM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
Ironically, the bigger budgets necessary to make a AAA game on the PS4Bone are going to limit those consoles to risk-adverse 3rd party games like Assassins Creed and Call of Duty, while companies that want to test new ideas without risking a financial disaster will flock toward the WiiU. All in all, I think it's a good deal.

Well the Wii was in the same situation, but still didnt get any experimental third party games, like Catherine or Deadly Premonition - Nintendo's demographic has something to do with that.
#7Virus66Posted 6/16/2013 6:50:42 PM
Sales are. They are always the reason.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#8MilesTeg420Posted 6/16/2013 6:51:40 PM
The_DS_King posted...
GoldenJoe24 posted...

Well the Wii was in the same situation, but still didnt get any experimental third party games, like Catherine or Deadly Premonition - Nintendo's demographic has something to do with that.

The Wii had plenty of "experimental" third party games. Boom Blox, Elebits, No More Heroes, Madworld, Trauma Center, Red Steel 2, etc...
#9crikey102Posted 6/16/2013 6:51:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the two main reasons are the wii u's archietecture being hard to code for compared to other consoles and the wii u's lack of sales. This makes it more costly and difficult to create reliable ports and new optimisation tricks will have to be utilised on the hardware. It also means that publishers aren't sure that they will make their investment back. Once Nintendo releases its main franchises near Christmas, the amount of consoles sold may be able to change the opinion of publishers.
#10IokuaPosted 6/16/2013 6:51:59 PM
It's a mixture of specs and the hostile market. In regards to specs it's difficult to just multiplat a title for the Wii U, which makes things harder for major publishers. That damages Wii U appeal for the casual gaming fan who is just into the major releases, and the teenage dumbasses who are all worried about looking like widdwe kiddies. On the other hand, if you ignore the specs, the core Nintendo fan base either buys a second console to get the multiplatform titles due to a history of inferiority on Nintendo consoles, or has absolutely no interest in anything but the Nintendo style of game. Only Nintendo and a handful of developers really understand what makes the Nintendo game appealing, so major publishers shy away since they don't understand the market.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.