Nintendo could definitely learn a lot from Sony...

#131shinra35800Posted 6/17/2013 1:27:28 PM
Enigma149 posted...
shinra35800 posted...
oh noes, i misread one thing. the sun is falling. but oh wait, guess what, the sales figures i posted earlier were worldwide anyway (not even gonna mention the big rave over the many imports of the game to the US when the craze began) your statement makes no difference in the outcome at all.

The statement makes no difference because...you said it didn't.

Great argument. Yup.

you do know you're quoting me don't you? i originally brought that phrase to the internet :P
but yea, it makes no difference because of the facts I brought forth and not because i said so,

phd in fail = phail.
#132shinra35800Posted 6/17/2013 1:33:05 PM
squatch22 posted...
sometimes

keyword. and a very short sometimes at that.

squatch22 posted...
Wii Sports etc were never bundled in Japan...

still doesn't take away from the complete worldwide sales that were intially given nor even gives any points to your argument.
#133Enigma149Posted 6/17/2013 1:48:58 PM(edited)
shinra35800 posted...
i originally brought that phrase to the internet :P

Originally brought what phrase to the internet?

...but yea, it makes no difference because of the facts I brought forth and not because i said so...

What facts? You didn't bring any facts forth at all...at least, none that supported your argument.

You said Pokemon came out in 1992. Not a fact - it came out in 1996.

You said someone's math skills were horrible, when they a) had no math in their post, and b) were correct. Again, not a fact.

You said you brought something to the internet first. That may be a fact, though you'll have a tough time proving it.

You said the sales you brought up were worldwide. That's a fact, yes, but it has nothing to do with your argument.

You said the Wii series covered different genres. Again, a fact, and again, a completely irrelevant one.

You said the Wii series shouldn't count because of bundles. That's also a fact, but really, you can't lower those sales by any more than 85 million (the number of Wiis sold in bundled regions)...which still has it outselling Sony's most popular series in just over half the time. Hell, say 120 million were sold in bundles (despite there not being that many Wiis), and no Gran Turismo games were (despite their being Gran Turismo bundles). It still outsells it.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#134McMarblesPosted 6/17/2013 1:37:51 PM
nickvd8 posted...
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/50-new-nintendo-ips-since-year-2000.206143097/

Those don't count because shut up.
---
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pushmo
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#135shinra35800Posted 6/17/2013 1:40:08 PM
Enigma149 posted...
shinra35800 posted...

lol, disqualified from the argument. can't even pay attention and focuses on irrelevant subject matter :P
#136Enigma149Posted 6/17/2013 1:44:08 PM(edited)
shinra35800 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
shinra35800 posted...

lol, disqualified from the argument. can't even pay attention and focuses on irrelevant subject matter :P

I tell you what.

Why don't you go re-read my post, with the edit, and then tell me who's "focusing on irrelevant subject matter".

Oh, and by the way, if I'm "disqualified from the argument" (whatever the hell that means) for asking a question about something in your post, doesn't that make you "disqualified" as well? Or does it not apply to you...because?
---
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#137shinra35800Posted 6/17/2013 1:45:44 PM
Enigma149 posted...
shinra35800 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
shinra35800 posted...

I tell you what.

Why don't you go re-read my post, with the edit, and then tell me who's "focusing on irrelevant subject matter".

Oh, and by the way, if I'm "disqualified from the argument" (whatever the hell that means) for asking a question about something in your post, doesn't that make you "disqualified" as well? Or does it not apply to you...because?

sir. sir....
would you like a tissue?
#138Enigma149Posted 6/17/2013 1:51:36 PM(edited)
shinra35800 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
shinra35800 posted...
Enigma149 posted...
shinra35800 posted...

I tell you what.

sir. sir....
would you like a tissue?

/facepalm

I don't think you get how this works. You read the post, and respond to it. I respond to that, etc. If someone edits their post and asks you to respond to that, you respond to it as well, unless the edit violates the TOU rule on "trapping".
---
#139LightHawKnightPosted 6/17/2013 3:12:26 PM
Never understood the point of a new ip. Never saw how utterly new characters that are basically the old characters somehow makes the game better. It doesn't.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#140mjc0961Posted 6/17/2013 3:20:39 PM
nickvd8 posted...
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/50-new-nintendo-ips-since-year-2000.206143097/

Excite Truck/Bots is a continuation of Excite Bike, not a new IP. Furthermore, the mere mention of Excite Bots which is a clear sequel to Excite Truck was a massive failure.

49 new IPs is still a through owning, though.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.