PS4 Harddrive and Bluray are Outdated compared to Flash Memory

#91JackalPosted 6/24/2013 5:08:30 AM
The PS4 has the better hardware. And why was someone mentioning RAIDs? Neither system can use them for gaming. The most they can do is to access them via your home network if they are being used as a media server.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#92nonexistingheroPosted 6/24/2013 8:01:53 AM
1shadetail1 posted...
Flash memory will not be practical until the prices drop a lot further. Until then, mechanical hard drives are simply a better value.

That said, Nintendo is smart by essentially leaving us to choose our own storage option, rather than pushing built-in proprietary hard drives. I have to give them props for that.

PS4 is only 400 though. Since no one wants a Wii U basic, it's practically 350 for a deluxe. Then an HDD is roughly 50 on top of that. And with the PS4, you get much more powerful hardware. This makes the Wii U seem rather expensive in comparison.

Then again, PS3 is still 300...
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#93MercurysMessagePosted 6/24/2013 8:12:09 AM
My thoughts, yes flash is faster, but there's not a whole lot that you an do with 8 or 32gb. Better to have a lot of storage, like the 500gb HDD imo. If they put in anything less than 500gigs people would complain because its not enough.
---
Kept you waiting, huh?
#94MercurysMessagePosted 6/24/2013 8:13:22 AM
Also isn't blu ray the best, and the standard because of its high memory capacity, anyone remember la noire being 1 disc on ps3 and like 4 on 360?
---
Kept you waiting, huh?
#9595_EclipsePosted 6/24/2013 8:44:00 AM(edited)
nbean16 posted...
sonic777 posted...
Ouch.

Blue Infinity got toasted something bad.

I've got butter for you, buddy.

Huh? Troll can't grasp topic. Troll is made to look foolish and gets mad. You are impressed with trolls lack of basic reasoning skills. Interesting.

There is nothing to grasp lol, Any advantage the Wii U may have, is well over came by the Ps4's raw power. It's funny how the minority of you fanboys are so pathetic though lol, It's a good thing there are so few of you, or you'd actually out do the Xbots and PSfanboys.

MercurysMessage posted...
Also isn't blu ray the best, and the standard because of its high memory capacity, anyone remember la noire being 1 disc on ps3 and like 4 on 360?

The best part, is the Wii U uses Blu ray disc haha.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
People who think Xbox was revolutionary before but not now that it's fixed, have IQ's close to that of a rock.
#96Enigma149Posted 6/24/2013 8:43:58 AM
*gasp*

95_Eclipse had the 95th post!
---
i7-4770K // EVGA GTX 770 // 16 GB Vengeance (6 in RAM Disk) // ASUS Z87-A // BD-RE Drive // 128 GB SSD (+ HDD)
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID / Steam: CrimsonEnigma