people complain that we got a new donkey kong game but dont realize that....

#1GoombaXPosted 6/16/2013 10:18:23 PM
besides DKC returns, there hasnt been a good DK game since dk64
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: LoZ: MM, MvC 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#2iKhanicPosted 6/16/2013 10:19:04 PM
In many people's eyes, there hasn't been a good star fox game since Star Fox 64.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#3GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 10:19:17 PM
I love metroid, but it has gotten way more love than Donkey Kong the past 2 gens
---
#4Tino_Tonitini2Posted 6/16/2013 10:22:36 PM
I think many people were disappointed by mere the fact that Retro wasn't working on a different, perhaps more-neglected franchise. However, once you eventually accept the news as it is and also remember how great DKCR was, as I have, you begin look to look forward to DRC:TF. They still have a fourth (playable?) character they haven't revealed so there's something that could potentially sweeten the deal.
#5GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 10:23:15 PM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
I think many people were disappointed by mere the fact that Retro wasn't working on a different, perhaps more-neglected franchise. However, once you eventually accept the news as it is and also remember how great DKCR was, as I have, you begin look to look forward to DRC:TF. They still have a fourth (playable?) character they haven't revealed so there's something that could potentially sweeten the deal.

oh god please let it be lanky kong
---
#6ChipChippersonPosted 6/16/2013 10:24:07 PM
I honestly didn't know that the original sold well enough to justify a sequel.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#7DiscostewSMPosted 6/16/2013 10:28:31 PM
iKhanic posted...
In many people's eyes, there hasn't been a good star fox game since Star Fox 64.

True as that might be, SF wasn't in the pile of cards Retro chose from.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#8Tino_Tonitini2Posted 6/16/2013 10:32:26 PM(edited)
GoombaX posted...
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...

I think I would be okay with this as Lanky was one of my favorites from DK64. I just like how different he was, visually, from the rest of the Kongs, since he seemed to be a orangutan (which is my favorite primate).

Some people think or at least hope it's K. Rool, which would be certainly interesting.
#9GoombaX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 10:37:13 PM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
GoombaX posted...
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...

I think I would be okay with this as Lanky was one of my favorites from DK64. I just like how different he was, visually, from the rest of the Kongs, since he seemed to be a orangutan (which is my favorite primate).

Some people think or at least hope it's K. Rool, which would be certainly interesting.

K. Rool is one of my favorite nintendo villains
---
#10WarioForeverPosted 6/16/2013 10:57:56 PM(edited)
iKhanic posted...

Star Fox Assault was a very good game.