people complain that we got a new donkey kong game but dont realize that....

#11FlyinTonitePosted 6/17/2013 12:01:03 AM
WarioForever posted...
iKhanic posted...
In many people's eyes, there hasn't been a good star fox game since Star Fox 64.

Star Fox Assault was a very good game.

No.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#12DeathSnipe777Posted 6/17/2013 12:21:44 AM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
I think many people were disappointed by mere the fact that Retro wasn't working on a different, perhaps more-neglected franchise. However, once you eventually accept the news as it is and also remember how great DKCR was, as I have, you begin look to look forward to DRC:TF. They still have a fourth (playable?) character they haven't revealed so there's something that could potentially sweeten the deal.

The funny thing is that, compared to Metroid, DK has been woefully neglected since the N64, relegated to a bunch of mediocre spin-off games. At least until DKCR came along three years ago.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#13CasualGamersPosted 6/17/2013 12:33:47 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
I think many people were disappointed by mere the fact that Retro wasn't working on a different, perhaps more-neglected franchise. However, once you eventually accept the news as it is and also remember how great DKCR was, as I have, you begin look to look forward to DRC:TF. They still have a fourth (playable?) character they haven't revealed so there's something that could potentially sweeten the deal.

The funny thing is that, compared to Metroid, DK has been woefully neglected since the N64, relegated to a bunch of mediocre spin-off games. At least until DKCR came along three years ago.

Yeah. That is why I am happy that DK is getting some much needed love. I cannot wait for this game. Penguins in DK? Sounds funny and absurdly fun. Can't wait.

Also, I'd rather have retro work on PROPER star fox instead of Metroid. Star fox has been neglected big time.
#14RahzarXPosted 6/17/2013 12:35:30 AM
iKhanic posted...
In many people's eyes, there hasn't been a good star fox game since Star Fox 64.

So it's basically a one-hit-wonder... why would they put money into a flashy new title when everything they try to do for the franchise absolutely fails?

This isn't directed at you, just a general comment.

Star Fox is a great game, A great game. It was remade so you could play it, not so you could see the potential in a new title. Star Fox has no real potential in this generation.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#15LordBowserPosted 6/17/2013 12:37:25 AM
iKhanic posted...

Star Fox Assault had good Multiplayer. It's story/single player was pretty awful.

Star Fox Adventures was not good, it was decent though. It wasn't really a Star Fox genre game, regardless.

Star Fox Command's gameplay was awful. It's controls were even worse.

So yes, there hasn't been a 'good' Star Fox game since Star Fox 64. In my eyes, at least.

As for DKCR: Tropical Freeze, the game looks amazing and I am very happy with it. It improved on an already amazing game. Sure, I would like a Metroid eventually, but I can wait.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#16LordBowserPosted 6/17/2013 12:38:34 AM
RahzarX posted...
iKhanic posted...

So it's basically a one-hit-wonder... why would they put money into a flashy new title when everything they try to do for the franchise absolutely fails?

This isn't directed at you, just a general comment.

Star Fox is a great game, A great game. It was remade so you could play it, not so you could see the potential in a new title. Star Fox has no real potential in this generation.

Star Fox 64 is not a 'one hit wonder'. Star Fox for the SNES is also a fantastic game.

If Nintendo had stuck to the formula that worked and expanded upon it, instead of trying new things that did not work, it would have had many more successful and great games.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#17The_Shadow_LinkPosted 6/17/2013 12:41:20 AM
There hasn't been a good Mario since Super Mario Galaxy, whats your point?
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#18Oni_TaedoPosted 6/17/2013 12:56:50 AM
GoombaX posted...
besides DKC returns, there hasnt been a good DK game since DKC2.

Fixed.
DK64 was an abomination.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#19AkaneJonesPosted 6/17/2013 1:07:20 AM
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...
GoombaX posted...
Tino_Tonitini2 posted...

oh god please let it be lanky kong

I think I would be okay with this as Lanky was one of my favorites from DK64. I just like how different he was, visually, from the rest of the Kongs, since he seemed to be a orangutan (which is my favorite primate).

Some people think or at least hope it's K. Rool, which would be certainly interesting.

I think it would depend on what they are going for. The real question is if the 4th character was intended to be a Donkey Kong replacement for 4 player or if it's a different team switcher like Diddy & Dixie. If the former is true you should be expecting Chunky or Funky. The latter allows for Kiddy, Tiny, & Lankey.

The issue is no one liked Kiddy, yet if DKC3 is being considered he might get first billing. Tiny at this moment is just a Dixie clone, so I feel they'd probably ignore her. This does leave Lanky a higher chance, since I can already see game play uses.

Unfortunately we don't have any clues to what angle they wanted because not one talked about if there was 3 or 4 player mode. Even then there's still the possibility of Donkey Kong replacement without 4 player which isn't what I was thinking.
#20WarioForeverPosted 6/18/2013 11:43:32 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
WarioForever posted...
iKhanic posted...

Star Fox Assault was a very good game.

No.

Yes.