How come Nintendo insist on being a company to attract little kids?

#1FearPotionPosted 6/17/2013 12:46:11 AM
Look at all their 1st party games. Not one of them is violent and not one of them focus on realism.

I grew out of those cartoonish games and Nintendo apparently doesn't want to grow up.
#2MrAntike184Posted 6/17/2013 12:49:18 AM
Nobody cares, but okay.
---
Currently Waiting for: Minecraft and Grand Theft Auto 5.
#3DeathSnipe777Posted 6/17/2013 12:49:55 AM
Because three companies dedicated to being edgy, mature and hardcore would be boring.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#4Chocobo115Posted 6/17/2013 12:50:29 AM
I don't need violence or realistic graphics...

All I ask for is some decent story telling in Nintendo's games, and some risktaking when it comes to new IPs.

I hope Nintendo can change their attitude towards gaming a little bit. As I understand it Nintendo themelves think of video games as Toys. Which I'm not so happy over. How are we going to move the media forward if one of it's creators don't believe in it themselves?
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#5DiscostewSMPosted 6/17/2013 12:54:58 AM
FearPotion posted...
Look at all their 1st party games. Not one of them is violent and not one of them focus on realism.

I grew out of those cartoonish games and Nintendo apparently doesn't want to grow up.

Incoming C.S. Lewis quote...
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#6FearPotion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 12:55:54 AM
What I am saying is why doesn't Nintendo expand outside of little kid games?

Every generation is the same thing for them. I don't see anything wrong trying to capture the mature market.

People view Sony and Microsoft having mature games. But they also tried expanding their outlook with kid games like Ratchet and Clank and Banjo Kazooie. Nintendo has never wanted to jump out of the box and try something different with other targeted audiences.
#7EastCoastKodyPosted 6/17/2013 1:01:36 AM
They are not obligated to mature alongside us.

When i see my nephew and niece excited to play a Mario game in 2013.......they must be doing something right.

Those kids are going to grow up w/ the same kind of awesome Nintendo memories that I have. And that makes me happy.
#8nonexistingheroPosted 6/17/2013 1:07:28 AM
Either TC is some immature CoD kid or he's trolling big time.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#9MrAntike184Posted 6/17/2013 1:08:42 AM
nonexistinghero posted...

Both.
---
Currently Waiting for: Minecraft and Grand Theft Auto 5.
#10FearPotion(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 1:13:15 AM
nonexistinghero posted...

I don't like CoD. Not everybody that likes mature gaming suddenly loves that series. Where did you learn that from?