Why can't Wii U get ALL THE GAMES!?

#21Baha05Posted 6/17/2013 1:31:54 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Economics 101:

Spending $0.5 million to port a game to Wii U: good chance of making a profit. Worst case scenario: $0.5M the drain

Spending $10 million to make a definitive Wii U version of the game: almost guaranteed to lose money. Worst case scenario: $10M down the drain.

Again. Don't blame "lazy devs", blame Nintendo for making a system that's hard to port multiplatform games to, and that missed their sales target by over 2 million units.

They are still wasting more money on the first option if they constantly do it. Besides making a defentive version in a timely manner and giving it actual original content could make them ore money when it comes to porting. More so if it's part of a collection and at a reduced price (If it's an older game)

Fact is though devs are suppose to be able to develop games, if they can't figure out the Wii U's specs then there is a serious problem with the devs, not the system. Hell you can blame part of that missed projection on lackluster 3rd party games too.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#22thundercat2600Posted 6/17/2013 1:38:30 PM
"Can't figure out" isn't the same thing as "not worth the investment."
---
Nintendo stock the day before Wii U was announced: 26,500
Nintendo stock today: 9,200
#23Baha05Posted 6/17/2013 1:42:53 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
"Can't figure out" isn't the same thing as "not worth the investment."

It might as well be.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#24ShankspearePosted 6/17/2013 1:43:10 PM
Whatever, I still have to find out y can't Metroid crawl.
#25thundercat2600Posted 6/17/2013 1:44:46 PM
Baha05 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Economics 101:

Spending $0.5 million to port a game to Wii U: good chance of making a profit. Worst case scenario: $0.5M the drain

Spending $10 million to make a definitive Wii U version of the game: almost guaranteed to lose money. Worst case scenario: $10M down the drain.

Again. Don't blame "lazy devs", blame Nintendo for making a system that's hard to port multiplatform games to, and that missed their sales target by over 2 million units.

They are still wasting more money on the first option if they constantly do it. Besides making a defentive version in a timely manner and giving it actual original content could make them ore money when it comes to porting. More so if it's part of a collection and at a reduced price (If it's an older game)

Fact is though devs are suppose to be able to develop games, if they can't figure out the Wii U's specs then there is a serious problem with the devs, not the system. Hell you can blame part of that missed projection on lackluster 3rd party games too.

You can keep asking the same thing over and over, you can blame whomever you want, it changes NOTHING.

Bottom line, the answer to "why aren't developers taking bigger risks on Wii U!?!?" is "because they don't expect it to pay off."
---
#26Baha05Posted 6/17/2013 1:47:22 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
You can keep asking the same thing over and over, you can blame whomever you want, it changes NOTHING.

Bottom line, the answer to "why aren't developers taking bigger risks on Wii U!?!?" is "because they don't expect it to pay off."

Then developers need to drop support then, because making these half assesd ports isn't helping their case. I mean hell it's not like there isn't things like compilations they could have done to boost sales or anything. Not like doom 3 BFG edition could be a smart thing to copy.

Fact of the matter is devs are still taking risks and even stupider risks by releasing even older games and not even doing anything with them that screams "Buy me, buy me!"
---
#27thundercat2600Posted 6/17/2013 1:50:15 PM
Baha05 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Then developers need to drop support then, because making these half assesd ports isn't helping their case. I mean hell it's not like there isn't things like compilations they could have done to boost sales or anything. Not like doom 3 BFG edition could be a smart thing to copy.

Fact of the matter is devs are still taking risks and even stupider risks by releasing even older games and not even doing anything with them that screams "Buy me, buy me!"

Don't worry, most of them ARE dropping support for Wii U.
---
#28Baha05Posted 6/17/2013 1:51:35 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Don't worry, most of them ARE dropping support for Wii U.

Maybe, we haven't seen a lot really drop support (actually I don't think anyone really has and the ones not supporting the system never supported it at all) but hey devs playing it safe too after all.
---
#29oldhbk76Posted 6/17/2013 2:15:52 PM
because no install base for Wii U, if more people buy a Wii U, it would be more attractive for 3rd party companies to put more out on Wii U, but they would have to build games from the ground up because just porting games over wont work, they have different cpu`s
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: 3ds fc: 5086-0928-4789
#30Starwars4JPosted 6/17/2013 3:20:14 PM
Oh dear, Thundercat really has convinced himself that the PS4 and XBO are a big leap over the previous gen. It was this lack of any significant advancement that had the PS boards reeling in disappointment during the reveal. I guess, much like the XBO board regulars, they've moved on to denial and trying to justify their next purchase.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade