What has happened not Nintendo? It's kind of a sad thing to watch

#1RevolutionVPosted 6/17/2013 3:42:48 PM
I grew up playing Nintendo games, the NES and SNES were my first consoles as child. I have fond memories of great games, 1st party and otherwise, that graced the system. But it seems that Nintendo and it fans, have completely given up and their expectations are really low. I'm thinking about how Nintendo has given most of it market share to Sony and MS. And it all seems to have happened because they are unwilling to get past their weird attitude towards 3rd parties, and their unwillingness to move with the times (Cartridges with the N64, Mini discs with the GC, inferior consoles with Wii and Wii U).

I don't even think it their emphasis on cartoony games, because some of the are great (SM Sunshine, Galaxy 1/2 were amazing). I also think that the the fans have enabled to Nintendo to continue to down this path, and are not asking them for something better.

I'm looking at the current landscape and Nintendo has been completely been removed from the equation, like they don't count, or are even a part of this next generation. E3 was all about Sony, and MS's debacle. Nintendo's direct showed the same old expected franchises; nothing new, nothing fresh, nothing really exciting. I'm looking at the thing Sony has done over the past decade and I see their library growing, with tons of great games, a diverse collection of genres that anyone can enjoy (Ape Escape, LBP, Uncharted, Last of Us, R&C, Killzone, InFamous, Heavy Rain, etc etc).

Where do you guys see Nintendo going from here? Where did things go wrong (or not wrong for some)?
#2DDP886Posted 6/17/2013 3:44:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3wombatkiddPosted 6/17/2013 3:48:07 PM
DDP886 posted...
Pretty muh Nintendo is going to become A 3rd party like sega down the road

Not in a million years. Nintendo still makes more profit than either of their competitors (especially xbox, which loses money) and has a huge stockpile of money.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#4RevolutionV(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 3:50:46 PM
DDP886 posted...

I can see this if Nintendo doesn't improve their current situation. If MS, somehow makes it out of this current generation, I think Nintendo will be in a lot of trouble.
#5LaManoNeraIIPosted 6/17/2013 3:53:17 PM
Nintendo has a stronger line up releasing this year than either Microsoft or Sony so I'm not really sure what you're all derping about.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#6ShankspearePosted 6/17/2013 3:55:31 PM
hahahahahah.......what are you talking about? They have the best selling console out right now. You are seeing what you want to see.

You don't have focus on keeping up with your opponents when they are in the rearview. lol
#7Enigma149Posted 6/17/2013 4:02:04 PM(edited)
RevolutionV posted...
DDP886 posted...

I can see this if Nintendo doesn't improve their current situation. If MS, somehow makes it out of this current generation, I think Nintendo will be in a lot of trouble.

Yes. Clearly, the only company to make a profit during the last generation, and not the ones with game divisions that haven't even broken-even, will be the first to go 3rd party. </sarcasm>

***EDIT***
Actually, Sony's might be slightly in the black for the PS1 release to-date, provided it made at least $1,587,000,000 in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#8Sk2k52Posted 6/17/2013 4:04:29 PM
DDP886 posted...

Haha, you're adorable. Nintendo would leave the video game market before becoming 3rd party, you obviously know nothing about the company besides they're competing with sony and microsoft.
---
http://14thLord.blogspot.com/
Anime Conventions, Movies, and Game reviews, gogo!
#9hiphops_saviorPosted 6/17/2013 4:05:29 PM
DDP886 posted...

It took Sega two flops in a row before dropping out of the console race.
#10Lelouch71Posted 6/17/2013 4:05:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]