What has happened not Nintendo? It's kind of a sad thing to watch

#101ferval100Posted 6/20/2013 7:57:28 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...
RevolutionV posted...
ferval100 posted...
wombatkidd posted...
DDP886 posted...
Pretty muh Nintendo is going to become A 3rd party like sega down the road

Not in a million years. Nintendo still makes more profit than either of their competitors (especially xbox, which loses money) and has a huge stockpile of money.

So with all their money then can continue to release under-performing consoles until they have to go 3rd party? If they were 3rd party it we be ok with having to wait for their games. We have others to keep us occupied. But it's a little different when you have a console that has no games and you're waiting.

Exactly. I don't know why some fans are ok with a console that releases very few games a generation that are worth playing. It's quite sad seeing many fans just becoming complacent and not demand more from their favorite company. And worse, people who defend a company (any company) tooth and nail, even if they can see that there's nothing now and very little in the horizon. I get it that Nintendo has the nostalgia effect on some people, but at some point something's gotta give. I look at the Wii (I owned one), and the ridiculous amount of shovelware and third-rate ports were disheartening. I started last gen as Wii-only owner, but couldn't stand waiting for the good games, or playing horrible ports of games on the other consoles.

Except, they're not in any serious financial trouble right now. What part of that don't you get? They reported their FIRST loss, what? Two years ago? Where as Sony lost billions year-after-year. No one is complacent there's just no reason to be worried at the present point in time.

http://youtu.be/Hg02nw8oXlk Listen to this. With all their money, Nintendo is in the situation of the store selling the horrible product that no one wants, but continue to do so because they can.
---
We are the imagination of ourselves. - Bill Hicks.
http://youtu.be/u3X5f3gY4iw - Truer words have never been spoken.
#102cavebear56Posted 6/20/2013 8:20:39 AM
Crazy_tank51 posted...
I only got one thing to say. Get it and get it well.

Nintendo builds their hardware the way they want so they can make the type of games they want to. So if Ninty went 3rd party, their games, instead of becoming better, would lose a load of their charm. I'm not even talking about PS4/XB1, but all these moronic short-sighted suits who believe App Store and Facebook games are the future. Granted, it does not always work out (N64 and GC) but it keeps things from being stale which is seriously a problem for the industry because most western devs do not seem interested in taking their games anywhere but to CoD and GTA clones.

Take a look at PS3 and the 360, the consoles are so similar that you could just dump all the exclusives from the 360 onto the PS3 or vice versa and you'd barely notice the difference. But could you take the Wii exclusives like NMH, Madworld, the Rainfall games, never mind Nintendo games, and shove them onto the other 2? Nope. I doubt 360 would even take them unless they reworked them into CoD clones. PS3 got a port of NMH, but it didn't get localized.

If Nintendo went 3rd party, there would be a giant power vacuum to steal all their exclusives to grab the Nintendo core audience and which ever got the most would render the other brand irrelevant. Also, there is the matter of pubs trying to nickel and dime everyone they can via DLC and microtransactions and DRM-shoving all over the place, which has made the XB1 probably the most hated console on this site. Nintendo is not caving and that's part of why pubs don't like them.

So if Nintendo died, that's what you'd have: 2 consoles stuck in a power limbo, CoD and GTA clones all over the place, and pubs trying to steal our money and freedom because Sony and MS are too chicken to say no. Is that really the industry you want?

Well said.

TC is just a disillusioned fanboy that threw reason out the window. You are looking at Nintendo like they have to be the same as the other two, who are as close to the same as possible. Why? Because you TC want more if the same types of games rather than variety and different experiences. You TC drink milk every day, enjoy only cheeseburgers and hate when things are different. You are being selfish and consideration for other gamers who enjoy games not splattered with extra costs (pay for online! Expensive DLC packs, look you get 2 gold plated guns for $5!).

Now the troll fire brigade is obviously here trying to shut down actually intelligent posts but they won't be able to do it. Logic always trumps trolls.

Lastly, hey kiddo hate to break it to you but GTA hasn't been quality to myself and other gamers since Vice City. Saints Row is the better series anyways. Keep trying kiddo I know one day you'll really use that head of yours and finally say something an adult would say.

=)

Oh lastly, last thing. Wonderful 101 trumps that list the Sony fanboy posted. Games that trump Wonderful 101? Payday 2, Shadowrun Returns, Stick of Truth, Dragon's Crown. Your list was terrible and you tried too hard. That said just because a game is "trumped" by another doesn't mean either is bad, the sad thing is I had to explain that to kiddo and all his little buddies.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#103jakestar0306Posted 6/20/2013 9:10:10 AM
ferval100 posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
Except, they're not in any serious financial trouble right now. What part of that don't you get? They reported their FIRST loss, what? Two years ago? Where as Sony lost billions year-after-year. No one is complacent there's just no reason to be worried at the present point in time.

http://youtu.be/Hg02nw8oXlk Listen to this. With all their money, Nintendo is in the situation of the store selling the horrible product that no one wants, but continue to do so because they can.

Product that no one wants? That must be why their first loss wasn't until two years ago and Sony loses billions year after year.
---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.