Miyamoto: Pikmin 3 one of my best games

#1StickMen1090Posted 6/17/2013 8:41:34 PM
Legendary video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto believes that Pikmin 3 is his next great game, as far as he is concerned. Miyamoto was asked why he believes this and he replied that after he made it, he played through it, and found that it was fun. Speaking about Pikmin 3, Miyamoto also said that he has designed the game in a way so that, as you play it, you get better and better at it and start to understand the depth of the strategy and the best ways to use the Pikmin in it. Miyamoto concluded by saying that in time, you’ll be playing quite well.

“And this stands out to you as, you think, is one of the best?” I asked.

“I think so,” he said.

“And how do you know that?” I said.

He was beginning to answer before my question was even done.

“Because after I made it, I played it and it’s fun,” he said in a moment that reminded me quite clearly who he is and what he’s done.
#2chuchumyrocketPosted 6/17/2013 8:45:06 PM
Pretty awesome quote.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
"Perhaps it is 30 fps, but it's the fastest 30 fps I've seen."
#3LordBowserPosted 6/17/2013 8:46:44 PM
I like it. This makes me look forward to Pikmin 3 all the more, too, of course.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#4StickMen1090(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2013 8:47:46 PM
StickMen1090 posted...
Legendary video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto believes that Pikmin 3 is his next great game, as far as he is concerned. Miyamoto was asked why he believes this and he replied that after he made it, he played through it, and found that it was fun. Speaking about Pikmin 3, Miyamoto also said that he has designed the game in a way so that, as you play it, you get better and better at it and start to understand the depth of the strategy and the best ways to use the Pikmin in it. Miyamoto concluded by saying that in time, you’ll be playing quite well.

“And this stands out to you as, you think, is one of the best?” I asked.

“I think so,” he said.

“And how do you know that?” I said.

He was beginning to answer before my question was even done.

“Because after I made it, I played it and it’s fun,” he said in a moment that reminded me quite clearly who he is and what he’s done.

forgot link

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/17/miyamoto-says-pikmin-3-is-one-of-his-best-games/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
#5BlueInfinityPosted 6/17/2013 8:49:01 PM
I like that.

The game is looking fantastic, I can see why he thinks that.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger
#6CasualGamersPosted 6/17/2013 8:50:38 PM
I'll be picking this game up.
#7oq7sterPosted 6/20/2013 7:49:16 PM
Would they ever make a protable version of pikmin? 3DS could handle it.
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
You have got to be kitten me. - Professor_Cobra
#8Tsutarja495Posted 6/20/2013 7:52:02 PM
Good to know all those delays will be worth it. I'm really looking forward to it.
#9iKhanicPosted 6/20/2013 7:55:36 PM
Pikmin 3 scores >95 confirmed.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#10Shadowbird_RHPosted 6/20/2013 8:03:27 PM
I think this decides what game from my backlog I'm tackling next. Pikmin 2. As it stands, I've yet to touch it, and I picked it up around the time it was released as a Nintendo Selects title.

I just finished the last dungeon in my current game: Wild ARMs 5 (PS2) to the point of getting the Exodus Orb (lets you escape dungeons instantly), and am ready to begin the worldwide treasure hunt to unlock the Black Box.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR