Is anyone seriously considering buying a PS4 to compliment their Wii U?

#1srsgamer87Posted 6/18/2013 12:01:17 AM
> Very few exclusives
> Even fewer original exclusives (as in, NOT shooters)
> No backwards compatibility
> Have to pay for the right to use your own Internet to play multiplayer
> Over 100$ more expensive than Wii U after taxes

There's really no reason unless you're a blind fanboy who buys for brand loyalty (and worshiping a big corporation is just sad).

What about you? Are you happy with just your Wii U?
#2DiscostewSMPosted 6/18/2013 12:03:49 AM
Not right off the bat, but maybe later on.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3Chocobo115Posted 6/18/2013 12:12:26 AM
srsgamer87 posted...
> Very few exclusives
> Even fewer original exclusives (as in, NOT shooters)
> No backwards compatibility
> Have to pay for the right to use your own Internet to play multiplayer
> Over 100$ more expensive than Wii U after taxes

There's really no reason unless you're a blind fanboy who buys for brand loyalty (and worshiping a big corporation is just sad).

What about you? Are you happy with just your Wii U?

Yes, if PS3 is anything to go on

- More games thanks to better third party support
-The Exclusives are more varied and fits me better than what Nintendo offers at the moment.
- More creative games than compared to nintendo such as Heavy Rain, journey, The Unfinished Swan, Flower, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet. Looking forward to Beyond 2 souls, puppeteer & Rain. Can't wait to see that they bring to PS4.
- Never needed BC, you just use the older consoles.
-Ain't gonna pay for PS+ for online, will be paying for the monthly PS3, PVita & PS4 games.
-Considering the power of the hardware I'd say PS4 seem to give you more bang for the buck than what the Wii U does.

Now if Wii U is worth a purchase to compliment my PS4, that's another question, not looking that good right now, but maybe in 2015-2016 who knows?
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#4EastCoastKodyPosted 6/18/2013 12:16:04 AM(edited)
i could see myself getting a PS4 in 2015. Until then its Wii U, PS3 and 360

Honestly......all the DRM and $500 pricetags aside.........the Xbox 1 has games i really want to play :(

im not excited for Killzone or inFAMOUS. None of the PS4 games really impressed me graphically either.

At least that xbox game Ryse looks like something u can't do on current gen.

Project Spark impressed me alot too.

for me it boils down to this:

Ryse
Project Spark
Dead Rising 3
TitanFall
Killer Instinct
Forza 5

inFAMOUS
Killzone
The Order
GT 6

Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
X
#5ssbmrocksPosted 6/18/2013 12:15:42 AM
I was on the fence about the PS4, but Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, and inFAMOUS: Second Son sold it for me.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#6Chocobo115Posted 6/18/2013 12:19:40 AM
@EastCoastKody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exl3PRTlv1U

Yeah I can totally see that doable on currebt gen.
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#7LordBowserPosted 6/18/2013 12:28:20 AM
Posting crap like this just makes the trolls feel more justified. I don't care whether people buy a PS4 -- it looks like a decent system but I am content with my PC and Wii U.
---
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!
#8STN79Posted 6/18/2013 12:34:47 AM
I'm fine with PS3 and Wii U. There's a ton of games i have yet to even play. There won't be a dire need to own a PS4 for quite a while. The thing doesn't even come out until late this year and even then it'll be in launch mode. Not getting one until i see something amazing that i can't live without.
#9EastCoastKodyPosted 6/18/2013 12:36:50 AM
inFAMOUS looks pretty.

but if they can make Watchdogs looks good on PS3.....they certainly can make inFAMOUS.

the reason its only on PS4....is to coax ppl into adopting their next-gen hardware. Not because PS3 is incapable of running it.
#10oldhbk76Posted 6/18/2013 12:43:29 AM
not for a year or 2, there will be a huge drought on Ps4 and xbox one for awhile, its the same as any new console, I`ll stick with the Wii U.
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: 3ds fc: 5086-0928-4789