Kingdom Hearts vs Legend of Zelda.

#1psycho_ratchetPosted 6/18/2013 9:16:22 AM
Which series do you prefer ? Would you prefer if Kingdom Hearts became a Wii U exclusive and Zelda went multiplatform ?

Personally, I think Kingdom Hearts is the the better franchise. It has better music, better characters, better story and better presentation.

I think people who like Zelda are clouded by nostalgia. I mean, the old Zelda games were great, but it seems like the series has been going downhill since Wind Waker while the Kingdom Hearts games have all been great with the exception of Re:Coded.
#2NCPwnPosted 6/18/2013 9:17:31 AM
Zelda revolutionized the industry.

Kingdom Hearts is a marriage between Square soft and Disney.

What do you think?
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#31shadetail1Posted 6/18/2013 9:23:01 AM
Kingdom Hearts holds absolutely no interest for me, while the Legend of Zelda series is quite possibly my favorite ever. LoZ should stay exclusive so that Nintendo doesn't have to water it down to make it work on multiple platforms. You can keep KH.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#4mrpants_againPosted 6/18/2013 9:24:25 AM
Zelda.
---
This Is What We Do! This is Who We Are!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviYufXRw0g
#5bsp77Posted 6/18/2013 9:25:26 AM
I think Kingdom Hearts is a mess, both in terms of story and gameplay.

Zelda is better IMO; nothing to do with nostalgia. I love how when people disagree, they like to give a condescending reason for those who disagree.
#6FenderMasterPosted 6/18/2013 9:30:11 AM
bsp77 posted...
I think Kingdom Hearts is a mess, both in terms of story and gameplay.

Zelda is better IMO; nothing to do with nostalgia. I love how when people disagree, they like to give a condescending reason for those who disagree.

This. KH objectively does not do anything (gameplay wise) better than Zelda. From combat, world navigation, level design, exploration... Zelda wins in every way.

KH has possibly better music, and more involved story/character development (which has become an ungodly convoluted and embarassing mess
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#7Tsutarja495Posted 6/18/2013 9:30:49 AM
psycho_ratchet posted...
Zelda went multiplatform ?

How would this work? That's like saying Mario should be on the other companies' systems.
#8Virus66Posted 6/18/2013 9:33:00 AM
I love both series but I've always preferred Zelda
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#9splodeymissilePosted 6/18/2013 9:35:10 AM
Virus66 posted...
I love both series but I've always preferred Zelda

---
One can not help but imagine Microsoft as being ran by a thousand Homer Simpsons. -Obturator
#10TalesRevenantPosted 6/18/2013 9:37:39 AM
They are literally nothing alike.

Zelda is an Action/Adventure Game

Kingdom Hearts is an Action RPG

I'm not comparing the two when I say this, but Zelda is one of my favorite series of all time next to Final Fantasy.
---
Currently playing:
Parasite Eve, Metroid Other M, Link's Awakening, Shadow of the Collosus