I actually like the Wii U despite all the negativity, but...

#1MetalGearOnAcidPosted 6/18/2013 11:39:10 AM
I feel like buying one anytime soon would be stupid. Not only is a price cut imminent with the PS4 coming out at $399, but every game I'm looking forward to doesn't even come out until 2014. There's nothing out now that I'd want, (I don't like the NSMB games and everything else is mostly ports) so it seems like I wouldn't have anything to play for like, almost a year. -_- October at the earliest for Mario 3d World but i'm not buying a system just or one game.

I would have thought there'd be a lot more stuff out by now or at least by this Christmas. X, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, etc are all later in 2014. : (
---
Friend code: 4699-5979-0399
#2GoombaXPosted 6/18/2013 11:40:54 AM
lol im just gonna sit back and watch you get eaten alive by this board
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: LoZ: MM, MvC 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#3jbhensPosted 6/18/2013 11:43:40 AM
Nintendo completely fumbled this whole head start they had with the Wii U. The system wasn't ready to launch, which is quite apparent now. Honestly, it should be launching this holiday season with Zelda, Donkey Kong Country, Pikmin, and Mario 3D World. They had a whole year to get people familiar with the Wii U, and haven't taken advantage of it at all.
#41shadetail1Posted 6/18/2013 11:46:40 AM
OK, then don't get one. It's no skin off my back.

PS. Don't expect a price cut any time soon. And don't expect a PS4 to run only $400, unless you don't want any games or accessories.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#5MetalGearOnAcid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 12:02:47 PM
PS. Don't expect a price cut any time soon. And don't expect a PS4 to run only $400, unless you don't want any games or accessories.

Everyone already knows Nintendo's going to cut the price. It's not an option. It's nowhere near on the level of the PS4 and the price is only $50 apart. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it by $100 as opposed to $50. And why are you bringing up games/accessories with the PS4? Obviously you need those but i was specifically talking about the price of systems. You need to buy games and accessories with a Wii U too, so how does that have any relevance?
---
#6GoombaXPosted 6/18/2013 12:03:56 PM
MetalGearOnAcid posted...

Everyone already knows Nintendo's going to cut the price. It's not an option. It's nowhere near on the level of the PS4 and the price is only $50 apart. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut it by $100 as opposed to $50. And why are you bringing up games/accessories with the PS4? Obviously you need those but i was specifically talking about the price of systems. You need to buy games and accessories with a Wii U too, so how does that have any relevance?

i only see sony fanboys say this though, but continue covering yourself in honey. The nintenbears are gonna eat you alive
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: LoZ: MM, MvC 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#7XenilPosted 6/18/2013 12:05:43 PM
1shadetail1 posted...

Nintendo is the absolute worst for accessories, pads etc.
#8MetalGearOnAcid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 12:11:30 PM(edited)
i only see sony fanboys say this though, but continue covering yourself in honey. The nintenbears are gonna eat you alive

Um, everyone on IGN agrees it's not optional if Nintendo wants to stay in the game. Did you watch the post-e3 discussions at all? Also, if Nintendo fans can't look at it objectively and have to attack people who tell the truth if it's at all negative, then they're not Nintendo fans, they're fanboys. And fanboys of any system are beyond help.

Nintendo completely fumbled this whole head start they had with the Wii U. The system wasn't ready to launch, which is quite apparent now. Honestly, it should be launching this holiday season with Zelda, Donkey Kong Country, Pikmin, and Mario 3D World. They had a whole year to get people familiar with the Wii U, and haven't taken advantage of it at all.

^This. And actually Retro's game being a new 2d Donkey Kong really disappointed me. I JUST got done playing DKC Returns on 3ds so I really don't wanna play another game that's so similar anytime soon.
---
#9jbhensPosted 6/18/2013 12:10:49 PM
MetalGearOnAcid posted...

Um, everyone on IGN agrees it's not optional if Nintendo wants to stay in the game. Did you watch the post-e3 discussions at all?

^This. And actually Retro's game being a new 2d Donkey Kong really disappointed me. I JUST got done playing DKC Returns on 3ds so I really don't wanna play another game that's so similar anytime soon.

I'm right their with you man. After seeing what Retro Studios was able to do on the Gamecube with the original Metroid Prime, I was stoked to see what they were making on the Wii U. Even if the Wii U is only slightly more powerful then current systems, Retro could do some amazing things with it. Instead, they are stuck making 2D platformers. A huge letdown.
#10the_cajun88Posted 6/18/2013 12:11:35 PM
"oh no, the nintenbears are coming"

*crickets*
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/jC1P9wo.jpg