I actually like the Wii U despite all the negativity, but...

#41gameG3ni3Posted 6/18/2013 1:43:03 PM
Shankspeare posted...
gameG3ni3 posted...
Ok, you showed the Wii U side of your internal conflict...talk about the PS4 side. I already own a Wii U and will be sticking with it until price drops for the other consoles are in sight, but if I were to get a console right now, I'd be leaning heavily towards the XBone. Gaming is all about the GAMES and nothing SONY has shown me has blown me away. I've owned every SONY console since PS1 and usually own whatever Nintendo and SONY put out. They aren't showing me anything that makes me want to buy the console. People like to talk about Watch Dogs and I:SS, but those games just don't get me going. The whole open world craze just seems lost on me. Watch Dogs will sell a bunch of copies, and reviewers will receive it well, but it will not be one of those games you remember. It's being released on multiple consoles so even if you are a huge Watch Dogs fanatic, you can play it elsewhere. I:SS just looks boring...about as boring as the original. Both games are going to be filled with repeat missions that try to extend the game length at the cost of quality. Knack seems like something Nintendo would have done a better job at making, and even though I'm not a fan of FF anymore or KH at all, those will be available on the MS console as well. I loved my PS3 when it first came out. It was a hell of a machine and had tons of promise, but it fell short on games. It took too long to get them and at the end of the console's life (which is right now for me) the only game I could not have gone without playing was Journey. A $15 DL title that blew everything else out for that system away. It's in my top 5 games of all time. If you payed close attention to the SONY conference, and the "IGN recap", since some of you care what those guys think, the only things they mentioned about why the PS4 conference was a hit were digs at MS. $399 price tag, used games(as long as the developer allows it...stay tuned for EAs announcement that's coming up regarding this), and no DRM. They didn't talk about blow away games, and the ones they did talk about were 3rd party titles. SONY let me down big time...a smaller price on a machine that is more powerful but fails to deliver an excellent gaming experience is still a failure.

This last point is actually a bad thing for Nintendo...Once people get their PS4's and find the selection of entertainment to be stale, they are going to feel like they are missing something. Instead of buying a Wii U as a second console, they are going to go to XBone to get the experience they feel they are missing. They aren't going to go to Nintendo for a complimentary system like they have in the past.

I can't wait to see how this extended 7th generation completely ruins the launches of both. I am most excited to see which sensationalistic scapegoat the media jumps on first.

Yea, that's something I didn't even talk about but is a fear people should be worried about. Why buy a new console when games that are coming to those consoles are also coming to your current gen system? A game like GTAV which people seem excited about hasn't been anounced for anything but current gen systems.

Also Titan Fall, which seemed to me to be the best game of E3 is also launching on 360...as well as destiny lanuching for the older consoles as well. People tend to over exagerrate the buzz created on forums like GameFaqs as the "majority think", when in reality it is a small portion of the pie.
---
NNID: Xenteros
#42MetalGearOnAcid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 1:52:47 PM
Wait, there's people who are actually considering getting an xbox one?

Games will always come eventually, so the features of the system should be the selling point. The endless list of crap you have to put up with on the xbox one vs ps4 should have made the ps4 victory a no brainer, i thought. I kinda assumed this was still the case based on the poll showing 81% of people voted PS4 over the other 2 at e3. Or the fact that the ps4 is being preordered 3:1 over xbox one.

The higer price, the need to be online all the time, the mess with whether games can be shared or sold... the xbox one is a disaster. how did we get on this topic however?
---
Friend code: 4699-5979-0399
#43wisemiddsPosted 6/18/2013 2:01:25 PM
A price cut is the least Nintendo should do. They are too busy putting out crap like the Mii plaza games on 3DS, Art Academy U, Wii U Play and Wii Fit U to put out anything decent. It's a good job Ubisoft are supporting this thing with proper games because Nintendo aren't.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#441shadetail1Posted 6/18/2013 3:29:54 PM(edited)
GEKGanon posted...
OK, then don't get one. It's no skin off my back.

I'd hate to inform all the Wii U lovers out there (myself included), but everytime someone backs out of buying a Wii U, it actually is skin off of our collective back.

No it isn't. I can keep right on gaming whether or not other people buy any particular system.

=====

MetalGearOnAcid posted...
I hate when people say "Then don't buy it."

Then don't post a blog about how you don't want it. When you drop your opinion, you're going to get feedback. If you can't handle that, then don't post in the first place.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#45GEKGanonPosted 6/18/2013 4:30:16 PM
No it isn't. I can keep right on gaming whether or not other people buy any particular system.

The same could be said of the Virtual Boy. But the reason no games came out for the thing and Nintendo pulled the plug early is because PEOPLE DIDN'T BUY IT.

So yeah, you can keep right on gaming with the Wii U, even if people don't buy it. You're just going to have a rapid drop off in third party support and subsequent title releases. So stop being a fool, because when it comes to getting the most out of your Wii U, people not supporting Nintendo HURTS YOU.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#46MetalGearOnAcid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 7:52:31 PM

Then don't post a blog about how you don't want it. When you drop your opinion, you're going to get feedback. If you can't handle that, then don't post in the first place.

Everything I stated was true. I was expecting more to get people agreeing with me and possibly suggesting things Nintendo could do to fix the problem, or things I could do to tide myself over until the system is worth picking up. Coming in here and saying "then don't buy it. who cares what you do?" is just pointless and doesn't add anything constructive to the conversation. It's also childish. And yes, me not buying a Wii U does affect you playing yours. If a lot of people agree with me and don't buy a Wii U, companies will stop supporting it and you won't get games in the future. So don't come here and just be a troll.
---
#47singhellotakuPosted 6/18/2013 10:04:41 PM
I like it, but I feel like it will end up like my Vita, and outstanding piece of hardware with no games. I buy about a game a month for my 3ds, cant tell you the last time I bought a Vita game. It also really irritates me that nintendo went with a seriously underpowered console again. If the Wii U just a proper video card and processor, and not a tiny hard drive, I would buy it over a ps4 or X1 in a second.

I guess it would also need MUCH better third party support, though I think better hardware would go a long way towards fixing that.
#48MetalGearOnAcid(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 10:26:35 PM
I have a Vita too and I have the same problem. Do you really think the wii u will be the same way? I so i probably won't get one anytime soon.
---
#49Rasputin77Posted 6/19/2013 4:26:26 AM
Can't disagree with you at all, TC, and I've owned one since launch. I've never denied being an impulse buyer, though. **shrug** Disappointment sometimes comes with the territory. I ALMOST booted up the Wii U for a game the other day while The Last of Us was downloading on my PS3... almost, that is, until I remembered I still had more Arrested Development to watch.

But hey - it is a pretty nifty Netflix player. ;)

GoombaX posted...
lol im just gonna sit back and watch you get eaten alive by this board

You take the internet way too seriously.

i only see sony fanboys say this though, but continue covering yourself in honey. The nintenbears are gonna eat you alive

Yes, we GET it already... this forum is a 'serious' place, for 'real' talk, and all attacks are 'personal'. >__>

"Eat you alive"... lmao. The only thing anyone from this board "eats"... aside from a few choice phrases that would get modded... is eating into my time when I allow them to. Like this. =P You're worth it. Feel special!
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#50ShankspearePosted 6/19/2013 4:37:20 AM

Everything I stated was true. I was expecting more to get people agreeing with me and possibly suggesting things Nintendo could do to fix the problem, or things I could do to tide myself over until the system is worth picking up. Coming in here and saying "then don't buy it. who cares what you do?" is just pointless and doesn't add anything constructive to the conversation. It's also childish. And yes, me not buying a Wii U does affect you playing yours. If a lot of people agree with me and don't buy a Wii U, companies will stop supporting it and you won't get games in the future. So don't come here and just be a troll.

So now I'm childish because I stated you shouldn't buy something you don't value? Lol riiiight. I'm trolling? Got ya. LMAO. In the real world, when you say something you should expect to be criticized buddy.