I wish all games on the Wii U allowed you to change the language to Japanese.

#11raimi_ace(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 3:55:37 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Why would you want that, when dubs are usually better than the native language anyways?

Usually being the key word.
Most anime, for example, are better in English.

The only game I ever had to play in Japanese, I think was Xenosaga, because the dub was just THAT bad.

I disagree, I find most dubbed anime to have familiar voices, like too many recycled voice actors. That and they don't sound as authentic and passionate as the Japanese voice actors. There a few cases in which I enjoyed English VA over Japanese (Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, DBZ), however. I just wish they would gives the option of changing it to Japanese.
---
Wii U: Beard-Man
#12Pokerkid777Posted 6/18/2013 3:57:03 PM
Oh god the Weeaboo in this topic, IT BURNS.
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#13raimi_ace(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2013 3:57:50 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
raimi_ace posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
raimi_ace posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
here's an idea - get a japanese wii u. all your problems, instantly solved.

Do you think most games would give you the option of having english subtitles?

you want japanese VA, what reason would you have to want english subtitles?

So I could understand what they're saying lol

you want japanese VA but can't be bothered to learn the language? not exactly very devoted are you?

I've taken Japanese I at a university, but we only covered a little bit. It's a difficult language to learn and I'm not very fluent at it.
---
Wii U: Beard-Man
#14Oni_TaedoPosted 6/18/2013 4:05:00 PM
raimi_ace posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Why would you want that, when dubs are usually better than the native language anyways?

Usually being the key word.
Most anime, for example, are better in English.

The only game I ever had to play in Japanese, I think was Xenosaga, because the dub was just THAT bad.

I disagree, I find most dubbed anime to have familiar voices, like too many recycled voice actors. That and they don't sound as authentic and passionate as the Japanese voice actors. There a few cases in which I enjoyed English VA over Japanese (Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Samurai Champloo, DBZ), however. I just wish they would gives the option of changing it to Japanese.

You're watching too many dubs by one company.
Watch everything you can. Watch ADV dubs (if you're high, or drunk, or something), FUNimation, some 4Kids (Ultimate Muscle was great, like a 77 episode long gay joke), and other stuff. Soon enough, you won't even recognize certain voice actors.

That being said, I don't watch as much animu as I used to, and have just started watching One Piece, which is a rather emotional series, made even more so by the incredible English cast.

Cowboy Bebop's dub was terrible. The only great voice in the entire thing was Steven Blum.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#15toadfan64Posted 6/18/2013 4:16:30 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...

Cowboy Bebop's dub was terrible. The only great voice in the entire thing was Steven Blum.

This is the worst opinion I've seen all day
---
Brawl FC - 5412-9555-6314
Also known as Toadfan64
#16silenthill4vidPosted 6/18/2013 4:22:21 PM
used to fell da same as you tc, until i invested 4 years in learning it. same thing here, just peps living their lives....not much fascinates me anymore. and young moe girl voices grate my mind.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#17Numbuh100Posted 6/18/2013 5:03:04 PM
I hope Monolith Soft's X will do it like XC.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#18linkumsPosted 6/18/2013 5:12:16 PM
I wish all games came with options for all the languages that are currently made for it. Why not give the option? I majored in Japanese and want to practice my Japanese. Sometimes I host Japanese students and want to show them a game. Or maybe we'll have someone visit from France and they'll want to play in French. It's nice to have options.
---
Latest: "Zero Escape: VLR - The best book you'll play on 3DS/Vita"
http://whattheycallgames.blogspot.com
#19TromeritusPosted 6/18/2013 7:54:15 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
I only use Japanese voices if the English ones are unbearable.

This! Doubly so if the location of the game is integral as well (ie I enjoy playing w/Italian VAs in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood).
---
Playing: de Blob, Mirror's Edge, Dungeon Hearts, The 39 Steps, Half-Life 2, RIFT
#20singhellotakuPosted 6/18/2013 8:54:50 PM
why not wish for good english voice acting instead of that weird elitist crap, Do you speak Japanese? no. If its that big a deal learn the language and buy a Japanese Wii.