The worst new direction for a series...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The worst new direction for a series...
3 years ago#1
New direction, as in reimaging, new gameplay, etc - Results (137 votes)
Bomberman: Act Zero
33.58% (46 votes)
Breath of FIre: Dragon Quarter
2.19% (3 votes)
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Twilight
2.19% (3 votes)
Devil may Cry
10.22% (14 votes)
Dead Space 3
5.11% (7 votes)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
2.19% (3 votes)
Metroid: Other M
19.71% (27 votes)
Paper Mario: Sticker Stars
15.33% (21 votes)
Star Fox Adventures
6.57% (9 votes)
Other (please specify)
2.92% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
You know that series, one that you've known and loved a long time, and suddenly the makers decide to take it in a new direction, be it new gameplay style, new graphics, shifting of storytelling and gameplay balance, etc. And you hated it.

Which of these was the worst?
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
3 years ago#2
Sticker Star is the only one I've played and I hope it's just a temporary thing and not a "new direction". Paper Mario is an RPG; it should remain an RPG. Another annoying thing is that I was watching stuff from the other E3 conferences... and they've turned Plants vs. Zombies into an FPS. It was a perfectly good game! Why did they have to make it a different genre when it was good already?
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
3 years ago#3
C&C made me cry so hard.
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
3 years ago#4
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Sticker Star is the only one I've played and I hope it's just a temporary thing and not a "new direction". Paper Mario is an RPG; it should remain an RPG. Another annoying thing is that I was watching stuff from the other E3 conferences... and they've turned Plants vs. Zombies into an FPS. It was a perfectly good game! Why did they have to make it a different genre when it was good already?

Because EA.
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
3 years ago#5
Bomberman: Act Zero destroyed my childhood with a blowtorch. So much ugh
3 years ago#6
bomberman desperately needs a new game... I love that franchise. Act Zero was complete and utter ****.
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
3 years ago#7
Why is Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced on this list? It's the game that made me fall in love with Final Fantasy in the first place.
3 years ago#8
FlyinTonite posted...
bomberman desperately needs a new game... I love that franchise. Act Zero was complete and utter ****.

Agreed!

I'd kill for another one in the style of 64. (2nd attack doesn't quite count, it didn't have the same puzzle/platforming aspects)
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
3 years ago#9
pokemonfreak97 posted...

Actually, PvZ Garden Warfare is a *third-person* shooter, not first-person. With that said, there will also be a PvZ2, entirely separate from Garden Warfare, that will apparently be pretty much the same as the original PvZ.
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
3 years ago#10
Bomberman.

People who voted Metroid should slap themselves, because there's nothing bad about it gameplay-wise.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The worst new direction for a series...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived