The worst new direction for a series...

#1DoramiPosted 6/18/2013 8:57:37 PM
New direction, as in reimaging, new gameplay, etc - Results (137 votes)
Bomberman: Act Zero
33.58% (46 votes)
Breath of FIre: Dragon Quarter
2.19% (3 votes)
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Twilight
2.19% (3 votes)
Devil may Cry
10.22% (14 votes)
Dead Space 3
5.11% (7 votes)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
2.19% (3 votes)
Metroid: Other M
19.71% (27 votes)
Paper Mario: Sticker Stars
15.33% (21 votes)
Star Fox Adventures
6.57% (9 votes)
Other (please specify)
2.92% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
You know that series, one that you've known and loved a long time, and suddenly the makers decide to take it in a new direction, be it new gameplay style, new graphics, shifting of storytelling and gameplay balance, etc. And you hated it.

Which of these was the worst?
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
#2pokemonfreak97Posted 6/18/2013 9:04:10 PM
Sticker Star is the only one I've played and I hope it's just a temporary thing and not a "new direction". Paper Mario is an RPG; it should remain an RPG. Another annoying thing is that I was watching stuff from the other E3 conferences... and they've turned Plants vs. Zombies into an FPS. It was a perfectly good game! Why did they have to make it a different genre when it was good already?
---
nuskooI posted...
You nooblet mainstreamers and your reverse nostalgia.
#3nilesthebravePosted 6/18/2013 9:05:05 PM
C&C made me cry so hard.
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#4GodofLazinessPosted 6/18/2013 9:06:31 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...
Sticker Star is the only one I've played and I hope it's just a temporary thing and not a "new direction". Paper Mario is an RPG; it should remain an RPG. Another annoying thing is that I was watching stuff from the other E3 conferences... and they've turned Plants vs. Zombies into an FPS. It was a perfectly good game! Why did they have to make it a different genre when it was good already?

Because EA.
---
Official Guardian Knight Slacker of Safe Haven.
Light blinds us and forces us to stumble about in ignorance - Altair
#5FierceDeity1026Posted 6/18/2013 9:07:06 PM
Bomberman: Act Zero destroyed my childhood with a blowtorch. So much ugh
#6FlyinTonitePosted 6/18/2013 9:07:22 PM
bomberman desperately needs a new game... I love that franchise. Act Zero was complete and utter ****.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#7hiphops_saviorPosted 6/18/2013 9:08:53 PM
Why is Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced on this list? It's the game that made me fall in love with Final Fantasy in the first place.
#8picanoPosted 6/18/2013 9:37:22 PM
FlyinTonite posted...
bomberman desperately needs a new game... I love that franchise. Act Zero was complete and utter ****.

Agreed!

I'd kill for another one in the style of 64. (2nd attack doesn't quite count, it didn't have the same puzzle/platforming aspects)
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#91shadetail1Posted 6/18/2013 9:40:21 PM
pokemonfreak97 posted...

Actually, PvZ Garden Warfare is a *third-person* shooter, not first-person. With that said, there will also be a PvZ2, entirely separate from Garden Warfare, that will apparently be pretty much the same as the original PvZ.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#10nonexistingheroPosted 6/18/2013 9:43:21 PM
Bomberman.

People who voted Metroid should slap themselves, because there's nothing bad about it gameplay-wise.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.