What exactly is wrong with nintendo releases games that are sure to sell

#21Chocobo115Posted 6/19/2013 3:37:25 AM
lastofus1999 posted...
And why hold only nintendo to these standards? At least they made galaxy 1/2.

I don't,, I wish that of all my favorite developers, I think it could be something about fighting to the top. Since Sony messed up the PS3 launch they have been putting out so much good stuff (as well as third party) to claw their way up. Nintendo seem to just have become to content. They seem to think "We don't have to bring anything new people will buy anyways".
Oh and I can only speak for SMG1 since I never played the 2nd.
SMG1 is a nice platformer. I just thought it felt too cramped with all the miniplanets. I prefer more open paces. And the routes for the various stars were rather repetive for the most part if I remember correctly.
But besides that it's a nice game. I still hold Banjo Kazooie as my favorite 3D Platformer closely followed by Mario 64 & Donkey Kong 64 and the first Jak & Daxter.
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#22lastofus1999(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 3:53:38 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
lastofus1999 posted...
And why hold only nintendo to these standards? At least they made galaxy 1/2.

I don't,, I wish that of all my favorite developers, I think it could be something about fighting to the top. Since Sony messed up the PS3 launch they have been putting out so much good stuff (as well as third party) to claw their way up. Nintendo seem to just have become to content. They seem to think "We don't have to bring anything new people will buy anyways".
Oh and I can only speak for SMG1 since I never played the 2nd.
SMG1 is a nice platformer. I just thought it felt too cramped with all the miniplanets. I prefer more open paces. And the routes for the various stars were rather repetive for the most part if I remember correctly.
But besides that it's a nice game. I still hold Banjo Kazooie as my favorite 3D Platformer closely followed by Mario 64 & Donkey Kong 64 and the first Jak & Daxter.

If you think galaxy was repetitive, no you don't remember correctly. Anyway, galaxy was one of the few games that innovated in the 7th gen.
#23MoonBoundPosted 6/19/2013 4:11:12 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
lastofus1999 posted...
Chocobo115 posted...
Becauseit's boring, they aren't bringing anything fresh and ain't helping gaming moving forward.

Boring? I highly doubt the games will be boring. And what IS moving gaming forward IYO?

Yes playing safe and release something we already seen before is boring.
Finding new gameplay mechanics, improve storytelling, new settings, adding emotion in games, smart concepts & technical advancement amongst much else moves gaming forward.

I agree but I wouldn't exactly call all of them boring.
#24Darkside_ShadowPosted 6/19/2013 5:03:08 AM
The 2013 software will sell to those who already own a Wii U. Yes.
But will the software sell consoles? No I dont see it happening.
And imo that should be the point of the software because the Wii U is doing horrible.