Iwata: Nintendo is to blame for poor Wii U sales

#11singhellotakuPosted 6/19/2013 1:31:46 AM
well yeah
#12fuzi11Posted 6/19/2013 2:26:32 AM
xoftheuniverse posted...
Their marketing or lack there of is not the main problem. They are taking FOREVER to get games.

I was like 20 minutes late watching the E3 direct, and the first thing I heard Iwata say was "Wii Party, Wii Fit U and *whateveritwas* aren't done yet, and will release later than expected"

My reaction: really?

that and all the other great games coming out are like a kajillion years away.

Nintendo doesn't need to sell the idea of why I want to use the gamepad, Nintendo does need to sell games.
#13JackalPosted 6/19/2013 2:39:11 AM
AhnoldDood posted...
Izraeil posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
xoftheuniverse posted...
Their marketing or lack there of is not the main problem. They are taking FOREVER to get games.

they also took responsibility for that too basically stating the move to HD took them by surprise.

HD gaming has been the norm for 7 years now, they're still in shock?

Didn't know the Wii U's been out for 7 years.

So what the Wii U wasn't out 7 years ago. They decided to skip the onset of HD console gaming with the rest of the industry and once again they are playing catch up. Yes, it is their fault and they know it. They should have been working on this stuff during the early stuff years ago.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#14Torgo138Posted 6/19/2013 6:50:04 AM
xoftheuniverse posted...

Especially 3rd party. Even the in house stuff is kind of blah. Another Mario game, another Donkey Kong, a rehash of Windwaker, and another Mario Kart isn't going to get it done. A new Zelda should have already been released as well as a new Metroid. Or how about a new series? Possibly a series not aimed at 8 year olds? When the 2 bigger consoles hit later this year, Wii U is in serious danger of being marginalized.

It's a shame because I think it could be a decent system. But a system with no games is a doorstop.
#15trenkenPosted 6/19/2013 6:52:45 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205647

At least Nintendo knows it now to make the right changes to fix it.

Stating the obvious. Releasing a system when it was so far from having some good games results in poor sales. Im not even sure why they felt a need to confirm this. Theyve already apologized for the lack of games multiple times now.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#16Akira_TakahashiPosted 6/19/2013 6:57:02 AM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
xoftheuniverse posted...

they also took responsibility for that too basically stating the move to HD took them by surprise.

I'm always amazed every time I hear that the HD was a surprise to them. Technology moves forward, no matter the industry. This would be like the director of silent films saying that the move to "talkies" took him by surprise, or the move to color for that matter.

Especially given that presentation is such a big part of gaming now, and that Western developers (man of whom started out as PC devs) are now playing such a huge role in console gaming, I'm just amazed that Nintendo didn't think consoles would ever use HD gaming.
#17Baha05Posted 6/19/2013 6:58:53 AM
trenken posted...
Stating the obvious. Releasing a system when it was so far from having some good games results in poor sales. Im not even sure why they felt a need to confirm this. Theyve already apologized for the lack of games multiple times now.

To shut people up? I mean how many times can analysts and gaming journalist repeat the same damn things themselves?
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#18iKhanicPosted 6/19/2013 7:06:13 AM
Ranmaru-2 posted...
Agreed. Lack of third party support doesn't help either.

They HAD 3rd party support from the get go, but because sales slumped after launch, they lost it.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#19sonic777Posted 6/19/2013 7:07:22 AM
Iwata: Please Understand we thought you all were stupid enough to fall for our trick twice.
---
<3 NINTENDO OMG
#20packattackPosted 6/19/2013 7:09:15 AM
Their admission means nothing to me. They promised they had learned from the 3DS launch and stated there would be a very steady release of games (both first and third party) throughout the first year. I don't know how you state that when you know it isn't true. Even if Pikmin 3 wasn't delayed, what else were they expecting to have out by now?
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/packattack04082