Are Nintendo fans largely anti-story and anti-voice acting?

#31Baha05Posted 6/19/2013 6:52:29 AM
jbhens posted...
I would have agreed during the N64 and early Gamecube days, but not now.

N64 and possibly early GC were very buggy compared to games Nintendo makes today.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#32ShankspearePosted 6/19/2013 6:52:35 AM
jbhens posted...
Shankspeare posted...
jbhens posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Nintendo's games are still the highest quality and most polished ones around. And they're one of the few non-indie developers focusing on gameplay first and foremost. If you think they're bad you should slap yourself for being ignorant.

Yeah....no. Take off your fanboy goggles.

For the amount they put out....he is right in terms of polish. They may not always be the best. But they definitely have the best track record of being the most technically polished.

Okay....I disagree. Especially when compared with the majority of games today.
#33Wario_manPosted 6/19/2013 6:52:49 AM
Nintendo's games are still the highest quality and most polished ones around. And they're one of the few non-indie developers focusing on gameplay first and foremost. If you think they're bad you should slap yourself for being ignorant.

Bahahahaha. The graphics in their games look basically the same, even in sequels released years later in the same series. They've done nothing new and groundbreaking with any of them and are more than comfortable in releasing yearly entries into New Super Mario Brothers which is an abysmal series and now apparently they're doing the same to their 3D ones.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#34nodleyPosted 6/19/2013 6:53:26 AM
Nintendo fanboys are just anti-progress, they've been playing the same old games or rehashes for decades and don't want those to change.
---
http://betweenlifeandgames.com
#35Baha05Posted 6/19/2013 6:55:33 AM
nodley posted...
Nintendo fanboys are just anti-progress, they've been playing the same old games or rehashes for decades and don't want those to change.

You mean like all fans have?
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#36GloryChaosPosted 6/19/2013 6:58:14 AM
Ah. So this thread was just another dumbass circle jerk instead of a place for actual discussion. Carry on. See you guys in 2014 when you're doing the exact same **** you were all doing in 2012.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#37ShankspearePosted 6/19/2013 6:59:08 AM
Wario_man posted...

Bahahahaha. The graphics in their games look basically the same, even in sequels released years later in the same series. They've done nothing new and groundbreaking with any of them and are more than comfortable in releasing yearly entries into New Super Mario Brothers which is an abysmal series and now apparently they're doing the same to their 3D ones.

That is not polish. That is innovation and diversity and something completely different.
#38jbhensPosted 6/19/2013 6:59:59 AM
Shankspeare posted...
jbhens posted...
Shankspeare posted...
jbhens posted...

Yeah....no. Take off your fanboy goggles.

For the amount they put out....he is right in terms of polish. They may not always be the best. But they definitely have the best track record of being the most technically polished.

Okay....I disagree. Especially when compared with the majority of games today.

I don't know I feel like their "biggest" franchises aren't near as polished as the N64 and Gamecube days and are also not trying to be nearly as innovative. Mario 64, OoT, and MM did so much for gaming and revolutionized game design for the 3rd dimension of gaming. Now, they have had nearly 20 years of experience in 3D game design and have taken steps back in their game design. The last game that truly felt special from Nintendo were the Galaxy games. Everything with the Wii U is play it safe and hope it sells systems.
#39ShankspearePosted 6/19/2013 7:00:35 AM
GloryChaos posted...
Ah. So this thread was just another dumbass circle jerk instead of a place for actual discussion. Carry on. See you guys in 2014 when you're doing the exact same **** you were all doing in 2012.

Lol i know it's sad. I want to start a thread where we have a rule that if you can't ignore or bypass the trolls you shouldn't be acknowledged in the discussion.
#40GloryChaosPosted 6/19/2013 7:01:27 AM
Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game. But I don't see how it did anything aside from follow in OOT's coattails.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png