Wii u isn't selling because its not offering next gen experiences

#21shinra35800Posted 6/19/2013 10:09:15 AM
icarus231 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
LOL

So how is the PS4 offering next gen experiences? Marginally better graphics doesn't mean anything.

This.

A newer, shinier, slightly upgraded ps3 is all it is.

Marginally my a**: http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/sony-ps4-morgan-freeman.jpg

Sir, you are confused with the comparison with WiiU vs other next gens xD

Another:
PS3 left, PS4 right:

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/r1AkLE0o0Mc/mqdefault.jpg
#22Starwars4JPosted 6/19/2013 10:11:33 AM
Silkman3430 posted...
Don't forget a system that's been completely terrible in terms of sales, an online component that's still mediocre compared to PSN and live, and an absence of multi platforms like Kingdom hearts, GTA, MGSV, FF15, etc.

All of which has nothing to do with how new ways to play are being brought to you. That's just trying to insult with system without any substance behind it.

Wii U is revolutionizing the industry! With gimmick controllers and horrible sales, companies being hesitant to create more games for the Wii U(EA)we can't wait to see how the wii U will dominate next gen consoles!

Just like the Wii and DS, my boy :)
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#23nonexistingheroPosted 6/19/2013 10:20:17 AM
Actually, Wii U isn't selling because it has no console-defining game (yet). Other Nintendo consoles have practically launched with one.

NES: SMB
SNES: SMW
N64: SM64
Gamecube: SSBM (ultimately didn't sell much though... probably due to bad marketing, because the games were superb).
Wii: Wii Sports

Nintendo wanted Nintendo Land to be that game, but it ended up being nothing more than a glorified tech-demo/mini-game compilation. Not that it's bad, but it's not 'powerful'. It didn't sell the console.

I think one of the reasons that the Wii U currently isn't selling, is because games-wise, Nintendo tries to draw in more traditional customers but focuses on drawing in the Wii crowd marketing-wise... and the Wii crowd really won't buy a console at this price. Nintendo Land is of course, also aimed at those gamers. More traditional gamers would've prefered a Super Mario Galaxy-like game and I think early on... it would sell more consoles than NSMBU or even the upcoming SM3DW, because that's what consumers who are willing to spend more money look for in a console. NSMBU and SM3DW are most certainly must-haves, but I don't think they'll move consoles. They're games people will get once they have a Wii U, not games that people will get a Wii U for.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#24icarus231Posted 6/19/2013 10:28:27 AM
shinra35800 posted...
icarus231 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
LOL

So how is the PS4 offering next gen experiences? Marginally better graphics doesn't mean anything.

This.

Marginally my a**: http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/sony-ps4-morgan-freeman.jpg

Sir, you are confused with the comparison with WiiU vs other next gens xD

Another:
PS3 left, PS4 right:

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/r1AkLE0o0Mc/mqdefault.jpg

Im not comparing the WII u to the other next gens, I am saying all they are is upgraded previous gen systems and dont offer anything new except marginally better graphics.

Gameplay is greater then graphics.
---
NNID: Icarus231
#25trainer2689Posted 6/19/2013 10:50:53 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Actually, Wii U isn't selling because it has no console-defining game (yet). Other Nintendo consoles have practically launched with one.

NES: SMB
SNES: SMW
N64: SM64
Gamecube: SSBM (ultimately didn't sell much though... probably due to bad marketing, because the games were superb).
Wii: Wii Sports

Nintendo wanted Nintendo Land to be that game, but it ended up being nothing more than a glorified tech-demo/mini-game compilation. Not that it's bad, but it's not 'powerful'. It didn't sell the console.

I think one of the reasons that the Wii U currently isn't selling, is because games-wise, Nintendo tries to draw in more traditional customers but focuses on drawing in the Wii crowd marketing-wise... and the Wii crowd really won't buy a console at this price. Nintendo Land is of course, also aimed at those gamers. More traditional gamers would've prefered a Super Mario Galaxy-like game and I think early on... it would sell more consoles than NSMBU or even the upcoming SM3DW, because that's what consumers who are willing to spend more money look for in a console. NSMBU and SM3DW are most certainly must-haves, but I don't think they'll move consoles. They're games people will get once they have a Wii U, not games that people will get a Wii U for.

NSMB Wii sold way more than either Galaxy game. Just because Galaxy 1+2 are regarded as the better games doesn't mean the general public knows that. Wii Sports was nothing but a glorified tech-demo/mini-game compilation, but it worked.

The Wii U launch backfired for a couple reasons. These include not separating the Wii U from the Wii, proper third party support (why anyone thought people would buy old ports or games being released on PS3/X360 is beyond me), and a lack of first party support. They thought could ride the Wii U into instant victory with NSMBU, NintendoLand, and a bunch of old ports/titles being released on existing consoles. The system was doomed to have a subpar launch and that's why it isn't selling. Fortunately it looks like they'll recover. The Wii U is a next generation console and Nintendo is responsible for bring asymmetrical gameplay to consoles. Looking back at this E3 it's pretty clear that Sony, Microsoft, and especially Ubi have jumped onto that bandwagon.
#26GoombaXPosted 6/19/2013 10:52:10 AM
Next gen media hub /=/ next gen gaming
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: LoZ: MM, MvC 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#27geneticsftwPosted 6/19/2013 10:54:46 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
thefabregas22 posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...
Sony and Ms have shown games that truly look and play next gen while nintendo has shown games that could easily be capable on current consoles and don't play any differently. While im super excited for bayonetta 2 it could be on the 360 and ps3 it doesn't look next gen. They should have new ips that truly look and play next gen to be able to compete

I agree in today's hustle and bustle world we truly want toilets that can last us a lifetime. The xbox one and ps4 are those toilets

If PS4's a toilet, Wii U's one of those crap holes you get in undeveloped nations. Xbox One's the crap.

P$4 is getting crapped on by xbone?
---
Sweet
#28geneticsftwPosted 6/19/2013 10:56:18 AM
Next gen game play, QTE and more movies
---
Sweet
#29DiscostewSMPosted 6/19/2013 11:01:52 AM
Considering most PS4 games are running at 30 fps, I don't see how that is next-gen worthy if Wii U isn't.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#30geneticsftwPosted 6/19/2013 11:02:24 AM
Murderstorm117 posted...
icarus231 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
LOL

This.

Then what the wii u a slightly upgraded 360 with a small touch screen?

Kewl, the 360 was better.
---
Sweet