Wii u isn't selling because its not offering next gen experiences

#31jsb0714Posted 6/19/2013 11:05:12 AM
Did TC ever define what a "next gen experience" actually is? Kinda stupid to say something doesn't offer it when you can't explain what it is.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#32diggyfreshPosted 6/19/2013 12:12:03 PM
Dinglesteed posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...
Sony and Ms have shown games that truly look and play next gen while nintendo has shown games that could easily be capable on current consoles and don't play any differently.

lol?

New style controller, new ways of playing, controller options, etc. Yeah, Nintendo Land definitely plays like every other Xbox and PS3 game ever.. Oh wait.

I think you are just going by graphics which doesn't mean crap for consoles. If you are that interested in graphics and hardware power - why aren't you playing on a PC?

---
CURRENTLY PLAYING:: Metroid Prime Trilogy
PROGRESS:: MP1 @ 40%
#33Banjo2553Posted 6/19/2013 12:23:41 PM
Be more vague TC, your specifications for "next gen" were so clear that people missed the point.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#34icarus231Posted 6/19/2013 12:37:55 PM
Banjo2553 posted...
Be more vague TC, your specifications for "next gen" were so clear that people missed the point.

Saying games look and play "next gen" is being clear. Tc hasnt even played a PS4 or X1 game to justify making such a moronic statement. If this is the case then we can already say this gen sucks as pc has been more capable then any of them for some time. The evolution of gaming has nothing to do with graphics, its about new ways to play games. Oh wait that discribes Nintendo and not the other two. I see he is just trolling.
---
NNID: Icarus231
#35JKatarnPosted 6/19/2013 12:42:00 PM
"Look and feel"? How can you comment on how they feel if nobody has played them yet? For all you know the trailers could be elaborate pre-rendered "target gameplay". I'll admit the games look good (for a console), but what I've seen is largely more of the same with prettier graphics, a bit more going on. Where are the destructible environments, dynamic NPCs, meaningful choices?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#36guedesbrawlPosted 6/19/2013 12:43:39 PM
Wii U is not selling cause some people are smart enough to avoid a console purchase so soon on it's life.
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#37JKatarnPosted 6/19/2013 12:44:42 PM
Silkman3430 posted...
icarus231 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
LOL

So how is the PS4 offering next gen experiences? Marginally better graphics doesn't mean anything.

This.

A newer, shinier, slightly upgraded ps3 is all it is.

If the PS4 is a slightly upgraded PS3, then the Wii U is a slightly upgraded 360 with a gimmick controller, worse online, and worse 3rd party support.

Yeah, a move from a GeForce 7800/7600 equivalent to a Radeon 7870m equivalent (supposedly) is hardly a "slight" increase - those chipsets are worlds apart when it comes to features and performance. Now, whether devs will really take advantage of that power is another thing, but it's there.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#38TalesRevenantPosted 6/19/2013 12:46:57 PM
Silkman3430 posted...
Starwars4J posted...
If anything the PS4 and XBO seem to lack that next gen appeal, that's why reception for both has been so luke warm. Hell, when the highlight of your E3 conference unveiling your new console is making fun of the business practices of your competitor...you know things are going to be rough.

With the Wii U we have comparable power, but an entirely new way to play with the Gamepad, much like how the DS revolutionized handheld gaming.

Don't forget a system that's been completely terrible in terms of sales, an online component that's still mediocre compared to PSN and live, and an absence of multi platforms like Kingdom hearts, GTA, MGSV, FF15, etc.

Wii U is revolutionizing the industry! With gimmick controllers and horrible sales, companies being hesitant to create more games for the Wii U(EA)we can't wait to see how the wii U will dominate next gen consoles!

You just completely owned the fanboys haha. Respect.
---
Currently playing:
Parasite Eve, Metroid Other M, Link's Awakening, Shadow of the Collosus
#39JKatarnPosted 6/19/2013 12:50:00 PM
shinra35800 posted...
icarus231 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
LOL

So how is the PS4 offering next gen experiences? Marginally better graphics doesn't mean anything.

This.

Marginally my a**: http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/uploads/sony-ps4-morgan-freeman.jpg

Sir, you are confused with the comparison with WiiU vs other next gens xD

Another:
PS3 left, PS4 right:

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/r1AkLE0o0Mc/mqdefault.jpg

A more accurate comparison would be pics of actual games - any system can push out impressive tech demos when all the resources are going into rendering a single model/scene, but you're not going to see that kind of detail in an actual game (name one PS3 game that had the facial detail showcased in that Alfred Molina model). Granted, the PS4 is going to be considerably more powerful than the PS4.
---
#40icarus231Posted 6/19/2013 12:52:11 PM
JKatarn posted...
Silkman3430 posted...
icarus231 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
LOL

This.

If the PS4 is a slightly upgraded PS3, then the Wii U is a slightly upgraded 360 with a gimmick controller, worse online, and worse 3rd party support.

Yeah, a move from a GeForce 7800/7600 equivalent to a Radeon 7870m equivalent (supposedly) is hardly a "slight" increase - those chipsets are worlds apart when it comes to features and performance. Now, whether devs will really take advantage of that power is another thing, but it's there.

When i upgrade my video card i dont say i have a new computer. Better graphics doesnt equal a new experience. Sorry if you dont seem to comprehend this.
---
NNID: Icarus231