Wii u isn't selling because its not offering next gen experiences

#41JKatarnPosted 6/19/2013 12:00:30 PM(edited)
icarus231 posted...
JKatarn posted...
Silkman3430 posted...
icarus231 posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
LOL

So how is the PS4 offering next gen experiences? Marginally better graphics doesn't mean anything.

This.

A newer, shinier, slightly upgraded ps3 is all it is.

If the PS4 is a slightly upgraded PS3, then the Wii U is a slightly upgraded 360 with a gimmick controller, worse online, and worse 3rd party support.

Yeah, a move from a GeForce 7800/7600 equivalent to a Radeon 7870m equivalent (supposedly) is hardly a "slight" increase - those chipsets are worlds apart when it comes to features and performance. Now, whether devs will really take advantage of that power is another thing, but it's there.

When i upgrade my video card i dont say i have a new computer. Better graphics doesnt equal a new experience. Sorry if you dont seem to comprehend this.

Well, if you want to get technical, it's not merely an upgrade to the GPU, the CPU and RAM have been greatly upgraded as well. Nowhere in my comment did I state that "graphics = all" as you seem to imply I did, I merely commented on the fact that the PS4 is not "slightly" better than the PS3, the GPU they are using is conservatively 6-8x faster than the PS3. Also, you might want to learn about contractions before you go off on tangents about comprehending things ("do not" becomes "don't", not "dont")
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#42biorock4864Posted 6/19/2013 12:03:21 PM
So what's so next gen about ps4 and ****box one what's the super wow factor. I don't really it see nor anything that says buy day one right now.
---
Playing JP3DS 3D Sonic & 3D Altered Beast Bravely Default US3DS Fire Emblem Awakening Tales Of The Abyss
#43FlyinTonitePosted 6/19/2013 12:07:32 PM
I dont see a next gen experience on ps4 or x1 to be honest. If you have never played a pc game maybe the graphics might wow you but to be honest they're nothing special. Ps4 is at least taking a cue from pc gaming in regards to it's online while x1 is offering nothing new.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#44geneticsftwPosted 6/19/2013 12:09:05 PM
icarus231 posted...
JKatarn posted...
Silkman3430 posted...
LOL

So how is the PS4 offering next gen experiences? Marginally better graphics doesn't mean anything.

Yeah, a move from a GeForce 7800/7600 equivalent to a Radeon 7870m equivalent (supposedly) is hardly a "slight" increase - those chipsets are worlds apart when it comes to features and performance. Now, whether devs will really take advantage of that power is another thing, but it's there.

When i upgrade my video card i dont say i have a new computer. Better graphics doesnt equal a new experience. Sorry if you dont seem to comprehend this.
TalesRevanant

just completely owned the fanboys haha. Respect.

---
Sweet
#45icarus231Posted 6/19/2013 12:15:20 PM
JKatarn posted...
icarus231 posted...
JKatarn posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
LOL

This.

Well, if you want to get technical, it's not merely an upgrade to the GPU, the CPU and RAM have been greatly upgraded as well. Nowhere in my comment did I state that "graphics = all" as you seem to imply I did, I merely commented on the fact that the PS4 is not "slightly" better than the PS3, the GPU they are using is conservatively 6-8x faster than the PS3. Also, you might want to learn about contractions before you go off on tangents about comprehending things ("do not" becomes "don't", not "dont")

The second part was in reference to what this topic is about not your comment. Graphics are already to the point where devs are getting diminished returns on them and we will most likely not see a huge jump in visuals. Since you want to be the grammar police i will just assume you dont have anything really important to share. Yes i do know about contractions i just am choosing not to use them. Dont like it dont read it.
---
NNID: Icarus231
#46Rennik RepotsirPosted 6/19/2013 12:16:49 PM
The next gen experience: Set the controller down and have a beer.
---
FREE BUMP!!!
"Nothing suits you more than the freedom of a demon; act now, and I throw in a special servant just for you."
#47PhaseSlaethePosted 6/19/2013 12:18:54 PM
And what are "next-gen" experiences?

Interactive movies?
#48biorock4864Posted 6/19/2013 12:24:54 PM
Rennik Repotsir posted...
The next gen experience: Set the controller down and have a beer.

I'm with you on that one lol
---
Playing JP3DS 3D Sonic & 3D Altered Beast Bravely Default US3DS Fire Emblem Awakening Tales Of The Abyss
#49JKatarnPosted 6/19/2013 12:31:10 PM(edited)
icarus231 posted...
JKatarn posted...
icarus231 posted...
JKatarn posted...
ADHDguitar posted...
LOL

This.

The second part was in reference to what this topic is about not your comment. Graphics are already to the point where devs are getting diminished returns on them and we will most likely not see a huge jump in visuals. Since you want to be the grammar police i will just assume you dont have anything really important to share. Yes i do know about contractions i just am choosing not to use them. Dont like it dont read it.

I was under the impression that when you quote someone you are replying to statements made by that person, not the TC. Also, since there is already a huge difference in features/performance between the 360/PS3 and next generation consoles, and the specs of the XB1/PS4 are hardly cutting edge in the grand scheme of things (about equal to a midrange gaming PC) I have to come to the conclusion that no, graphics have not reached their apex (seriously, look at demos for Unreal Engine 4 vs. demos for Unreal Engine 3, this generations darling - a HUGE difference in model detail, fluid dynamics, lighting, physics, number of objects on screen at once - that last fact in particular is one way to make games more interesting/dynamic beyond technically improved graphics). Also, if you want people to take you/what you post seriously you might want to take a moment to spellcheck/posthumously edit your posts.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#50icarus231Posted 6/19/2013 12:39:48 PM
JKatarn posted...
icarus231 posted...
JKatarn posted...
icarus231 posted...
JKatarn posted...

This.

I was under the impression that when you quote someone you are replying to statements made by that person, not the TC. Also, since there is already a huge difference in features/performance between the 360/PS3 and next generation consoles, and the specs of the XB1/PS4 are hardly cutting edge in the grand scheme of things (about equal to a midrange gaming PC) I have to come to the conclusion that no, graphics have not reached their apex (seriously, look at demos for Unreal Engine 4 vs. demos for Unreal Engine 3, this generations darling - a HUGE difference in model detail, fluid dynamics, lighting, physics, number of objects on screen at once - that last fact in particular is one way to make games more interesting/dynamic beyond technically improved graphics). Also, if you want people to take you/what you post seriously you might want to take a moment to spellcheck/posthumously edit your posts.

So in the grand scheme of things, if all the X1/PS4 can offer is mid range pc gaming than what is the point of having them? Its not taking gaming to the next level. Nintendo at least tries to evolve gaming beyond its current state. Pretty much everything you just said is meaningless without great gameplay. You can have a thousand items on screen or a hundred, but if the game sucks it will still suck.
---
NNID: Icarus231