anyone miss when console wars were good

#1tiamat999Posted 6/19/2013 11:45:49 AM
they were about which system had better games now its about the hardware
---
favorite animated shows the Venture bros, gargoyles, justice league, avengers EMH, super robot wars og the inspector, young justice, avengers assemble, ragnarok
#2lninjasoniclPosted 6/19/2013 11:47:33 AM
It's always been about the hardware.
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#3supremeblasterPosted 6/19/2013 11:48:33 AM
lninjasonicl posted...

6th generation disagrees with you.
#4Chocobo115Posted 6/19/2013 11:50:13 AM
How so?

I still think it's mainly about the games, but admitably there are less and less exclusives.
Which in a way is good, gives more players a chance to play the games don't you think?
Better than sitting like some Gollum with "My precioussss exclusssivesss"
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#5StarGoyPosted 6/19/2013 11:52:40 AM(edited)
He's right, it was always about the hardware (games, as well). What it is now, however, is about non-gaming features . . . at least to the manufacturers, it appears. Until recently, graphics were the manufacturers' focal touting point.
#6lninjasoniclPosted 6/19/2013 11:53:29 AM
supremeblaster posted...
lninjasonicl posted...

6th generation disagrees with you.

how so. If your into the so called "console wars" then you are someone who has picked a side, a fanboy. Fanboys surrender undying allegiance to their console of choice and all games associated with it.

If your just a side lines spectator with no allegiance to any of them, then the console wars should be irrelevant to you.
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#7gold163Posted 6/19/2013 11:53:44 AM
http://youtu.be/rTP0RawPtoM
#8supremeblasterPosted 6/19/2013 11:54:24 AM
Chocobo115 posted...
How so?

I still think it's mainly about the games, but admitably there are less and less exclusives.
Which in a way is good, gives more players a chance to play the games don't you think?
Better than sitting like some Gollum with "My precioussss exclusssivesss"

lol This is pretty much what happens every time an exclusive is given away. I remember the crap-storm that was FF13 when it went multiplat.
#9Rappy00Posted 6/19/2013 11:56:38 AM
lninjasonicl posted...

When did you start gaming 2006?
---
Nintendo ID:Rappy0
PSN:Rappy0 If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#10lninjasoniclPosted 6/19/2013 11:58:33 AM
Rappy00 posted...
lninjasonicl posted...

When did you start gaming 2006?

2007 actually
---