Kinda have a hard time understanding why everyone wants third party support when

#1PUNCHOUT1116Posted 6/19/2013 11:01:42 AM
Most likely, they wont buy these third party games :/

This year, brand new entries in some of the most highly regarded, critically acclaimed gaming series will be gracing the Wii U and... I dont think anyones gonna buy them :/

For instance you have the brand new Batman and the brand new Assassins Creed both arriving in October. These are triple A third party games here. But... you also have Nintendos own Wind Waker, an HD remake of a game many Nintendo fans have already played.

...That said, I've got a bad feeling that these third party games will pretty much be ignored at retail while Wind Waker (a remake, as much as I'm looking forward to it, but still a remake) sales will soar.

All that said, I hope I'm proven wrong, as I would love to see some third party support on the U. But if these brand new installments in triple A gaming series dont sell this year, well you can kiss any support the console might have goodbye.

Just my opinion of course.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2jbhensPosted 6/19/2013 11:07:18 AM
The hardcore Nintendo fanbase that puchased the N64, Gamecube, and original Wii don't care for 3rd party games. They have convinced themselves that any game not made by Nintendo is bad. I know that seems like a drastic statement, but it's true. The N64 and Gamecube were purchased by the hardcore Nintendo fanbase and very few 3rd parties had any type of success even when they released exclusives. Soul Calibur 2 was about the only exception, and it had Link as a playable character. Some of the biggest 3rd party efforts on the original Wii were ignored by the Nintendo fans and of course by the casuals. It's this fanbase that is holding NIntendo down actually.
#3kaliskonigPosted 6/19/2013 11:07:49 AM
Exactly. They need something to complain about I guess. Going by the numbers people really don't buy many 3rd party games on Nintendo systems. In part due to the fact that Nintendo gets inferior ports. The exclusive 3rd party games seem to do well though.
#4SegavsCapcomPosted 6/19/2013 11:08:01 AM
To be honest, triple A titles aren't the games I look forward to on a Nintendo console. Its the more obscure titles. The Wii gave me No More Heroes, MadWorld, Arc Rise Fantasia, Chocobo Dungeon, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I'll buy third party games on the Wii U, just maybe not the AAA games.

I understand your concern though. But as long as third parties keep making games for the Wii U, I'll be happy.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#5JellitoePosted 6/19/2013 11:09:41 AM
I am pre-ordering Batman today. I will be buying Rayman Legends and Ghost (if released for the system). In fact I am looking more forward to these games than anything Nintendo is offering this year and most of my WiiU games are 3rd Party. So this thread is a failure.

If they release good third party games we will buy them
---
Nintendo ID - Jellitoe
3DS FC - 2234-7146-5315
#6gold163Posted 6/19/2013 11:12:46 AM(edited)
What we have to remember is that the opinions of particular anti-third-party Nintendo fans (or anti-Nintendo fans for that matter) expressed on sites such as GameFAQs represent an extreme minority of gamers and indeed a minority of Wii U owners.

I think the issue with third-parties on Nintendo systems has been so deeply entrenched for about three generations now that a lot of people are under the impression of, "why would you buy that on a Nintendo system?" The wider gaming public have worked so hard to convince themselves that third party games on Nintendo consoles are developed as an afterthought that it's now a pervasive assumption like social stigma. Because honestly, if you already have a 360 or PS3, or even if you don't, and you see the new Batman or Assassin's Creed on the Wii U, and you've already assumed that the developers won't have gone through the effort to properly optimize those games for your console, why would you buy them at full price? This isn't necessarily true of course, but for the average gamer who is only interested in the games once they reach the store, those assumptions might be all that their purchase operates on.

However, I am also inclined to believe that this time around might be slightly different, if only for the fact that Assassin's Creed IV and Batman Arkham Origins are being released multiplatform simultaneously. This is an important fact in my opinion because the majority of third-party multiplats on the Wii U thus far have been released long after versions of the games on other platforms. You can't possibly expect your game to do well if a significant portion of the demographic potentially already owns it.
#7WolfAlmightyPosted 6/19/2013 11:09:58 AM
I'll be buying Batman:AO and AC4 on the Wii U as soon as they come out, since I loved both of the previous games (got those on the Wii U as well). Of course I'm going to snap up the first party titles as well, but if a game is worth getting and is available on the U, that's where I'll be getting it.
#8plasmatic5Posted 6/19/2013 11:13:39 AM
jbhens posted...
The hardcore Nintendo fanbase that puchased the N64, Gamecube, and original Wii don't care for 3rd party games. They have convinced themselves that any game not made by Nintendo is bad. I know that seems like a drastic statement, but it's true. The N64 and Gamecube were purchased by the hardcore Nintendo fanbase and very few 3rd parties had any type of success even when they released exclusives. Soul Calibur 2 was about the only exception, and it had Link as a playable character. Some of the biggest 3rd party efforts on the original Wii were ignored by the Nintendo fans and of course by the casuals. It's this fanbase that is holding NIntendo down actually.

This is just downright false. Stop trying to stereotype people. There are some Nintendo fans who don't care for 3rd party games just like there are some Sony fans who don't like them or who don't like Nintendo games. Everyone is different, so stop trying to group everyone together.

And the fact of the matter is that those who don't plan to buy much 3rd party still want 3rd party support because they know other people will and they want the console to succeed. It's not always about you. Sometimes, people do think of others.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#9PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 11:13:43 AM
I will say this before anyone decides to label me here lol:

I am very much excited for Wind Waker. I actually never got to play it, so my hype meter is sky high.

But I'm also definitely going to be sailing the high seas in AC4, and romping through Gotham in Batman AO. I played previous installments of these games on my other consoles and found them all to be fantastic, so Im definitely not gonna miss out on these either.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#10PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 11:14:41 AM
Jellitoe posted...
I am pre-ordering Batman today. I will be buying Rayman Legends and Ghost (if released for the system). In fact I am looking more forward to these games than anything Nintendo is offering this year and most of my WiiU games are 3rd Party. So this thread is a failure.

If they release good third party games we will buy them

Its a failure huh? We'll see. I hope I end up being proven wrong.
---