Kinda have a hard time understanding why everyone wants third party support when

#21GoombaXPosted 6/19/2013 11:34:53 AM
jbhens posted...
The hardcore Nintendo fanbase that puchased the N64, Gamecube, and original Wii don't care for 3rd party games. They have convinced themselves that any game not made by Nintendo is bad. I know that seems like a drastic statement, but it's true. The N64 and Gamecube were purchased by the hardcore Nintendo fanbase and very few 3rd parties had any type of success even when they released exclusives. Soul Calibur 2 was about the only exception, and it had Link as a playable character. Some of the biggest 3rd party efforts on the original Wii were ignored by the Nintendo fans and of course by the casuals. It's this fanbase that is holding NIntendo down actually.

No
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: LoZ: MM, MvC 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf
#22JKatarnPosted 6/19/2013 11:37:20 AM
jbhens posted...
The hardcore Nintendo fanbase that puchased the N64, Gamecube, and original Wii don't care for 3rd party games. They have convinced themselves that any game not made by Nintendo is bad. I know that seems like a drastic statement, but it's true. The N64 and Gamecube were purchased by the hardcore Nintendo fanbase and very few 3rd parties had any type of success even when they released exclusives. Soul Calibur 2 was about the only exception, and it had Link as a playable character. Some of the biggest 3rd party efforts on the original Wii were ignored by the Nintendo fans and of course by the casuals. It's this fanbase that is holding NIntendo down actually.

Not really, I think it's more of a matter of holding out for unique, exclusive third-party games that take advantage of the platform rather than quickie ports of current-generation games.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#23Akira_TakahashiPosted 6/19/2013 11:50:09 AM
Hey! I like those games, too!

Anyway, third party support brings in people who enjoy Nintendo games, but would never buy an expensive console just to play those games. For people who only buy one console at a time, they want the console that has the first party they love AND the third party games that are making all the waves.

If Wii U had launched with a bunch of third party games that weren't already out for other systems months ago as well as a killer first party title, it would be doing much better right now. Instead, only the hardcore Nintendo fans own a Wii U.
#24PUNCHOUT1116(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 11:53:11 AM
Akira_Takahashi posted...
Hey! I like those games, too!

Anyway, third party support brings in people who enjoy Nintendo games, but would never buy an expensive console just to play those games. For people who only buy one console at a time, they want the console that has the first party they love AND the third party games that are making all the waves.

If Wii U had launched with a bunch of third party games that weren't already out for other systems months ago as well as a killer first party title, it would be doing much better right now. Instead, only the hardcore Nintendo fans own a Wii U.

Agreed
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#25jbhensPosted 6/19/2013 11:54:55 AM
GoombaX posted...
jbhens posted...

No

Sorry, but yes. The hardcore Nintendo fanbase that purchased the N64, Gamecube, and Wii for the most part ignored any 3rd party effort.
#26Muljo StphoPosted 6/19/2013 3:08:47 PM
I bought tons of 3rd party games for Wii. Granted, these weren't the "OMG AAA GAMING IS GOD HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!!11!!11!!!!" games that people cream their pants over when they're advertised for the other systems. And yes, I'm talking about a lot of those games that, while not actually shovelware, people found inane reasons to ***** about and not buy and pretend that they were the same as shovelware garbage because they... wanted a reason to hate Nintendo... or something. Who ****ing knows? But the Wii had tons of 3rd party titles that looked more interesting to me than a lot of what the other systems had.

And as much as people are *****ing about the Wii U as well... I don't see that changing. A lot of the selection on the others continues to fail to snag my attention, and I think Wii U is going to be just fine.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#27wombatkiddPosted 6/19/2013 3:14:36 PM
I'm definately getting Assassin's Creed IV and Watch_Dogs. Those games look awesome.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#28dennis941012Posted 6/19/2013 3:16:58 PM

You are delusional
---
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18qlkwhc0ocs5jpg/ku-medium.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=baSJgrGwBWw
#29darkjedilinkPosted 6/19/2013 3:19:06 PM
As I've posted a bunch of times, if third-party devs want their games to sell on Nintendo consoles, STOP PUTTING GIMPED VERSIONS OF YOUR GAMES ON NINTENDO CONSOLES.

Third-party games sold on the NES and SNES. They sold pretty well on the N64, too. Non-gimped third-party games sold well on the GC. Why? BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T GIMPED.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#30Legendary_MusasPosted 6/19/2013 3:29:34 PM(edited)
The problem Nintendo has is all third party games will look/play better on the Ps4/One simple as.

Nintendo need that strong 1st party library of games and as of yet they have failed to deliver. I am really looking forward to DK Tropical Freeze though.

They need to announce a new Zelda and Metroid already and hopefully when Pokemon XY comes out a new Wii U stadium like game for it.
---
A__A
(o'_.'o)