Wii U owner holding on by a thread

#1UC27Posted 6/19/2013 11:12:52 AM
Hey guys. Let me just say that I love the Wii U and have sung its praises to everyone who will listen. It's actually my favorite Nintendo system since the SNES so I'm really troubled to have to write this.

I was looking forward to E3 more than words could describe, but everything I saw with the exception of X and Bayonetta 2 did little for me. I mean little. While I'll always love Mario games since I grew up on them, they will always hold a special place in my heart, my interest in other top Nintendo franchises has waned a bit since I've gotten older. Pikmin, donkey kong, etc, they look great but they're just not for me. W101 looks interesting but it's not what I would call something that wows me. I want a New METROID. A Zelda and not a retread of the windwaker which was my least favorite game in that franchise.

I was hoping that the Nintendo direct would at least say something... Hell, anything about them. But alas, that was not meant to be. There was also no talk of system upgrades, new features, anything. I would even have settled for an announcement of GameCube titles just to scratch my nostalgia itch. Nothing.

Couple all this with weak third party support that's showing no signs of improving and I'm getting really antsy. I bought injustice for the Wii U. Everyone else is getting new characters and skins every couple of weeks. We don't even have a proper game lobby. I bought Sniper Elite. That's like a third of the game other console versions are. I bought Need for Speed. No dlc at all. I mean its just ridiculous. There's no reason why we are getting the shaft EVERY TIME. I have Batman and Splinter Cell pre-ordered and I'm hoping for the best.

Full disclosure, I will be getting a new Xbox and a ps4, but I almost feel as if I need to just to get more complete versions of games. Sorry to be so long winded, I'm just venting here. I think I need a support group. Lol. I want to continue loving my WII U but Nintendo has to start taking steps so that it'll show me a little love back.

Thoughts? Thanks for reading, guys.
---
You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be.
#2trenkenPosted 6/19/2013 11:15:48 AM(edited)
How this is your fav system since the SNES is a mystery to me. Metroid Prime alone makes the GC take a smelly dump all over this, because to me there isnt any games even remotely close to that level of quality.

I judge systems by the games they have, and right now this is one of the worst consoles ive ever owned, and Im 35.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#3blazeUP12Posted 6/19/2013 11:15:44 AM
This is your fav system why?
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
http://www.youtube.com/XXtheJUMPoffXX
#4vgfanboyPosted 6/19/2013 11:16:22 AM
Find some new things to do in life if a video game system is causing you so much distress.
#5iKhanicPosted 6/19/2013 11:19:55 AM
I don't get how people had such high hopes for E3. Nintendo straight up said exactly what they would have. The only mystery was retro's game.

Also TC, don't justify the XBOX One's existence by buying it. Stay strong and stick with Nintendo and/or Sony.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#6tigg06Posted 6/19/2013 11:21:14 AM
Thing is, even tho you wanted to see something about those games in the last ND and didn't.. doesn't mean they aren't coming.. its NINTENDO and we know they are.. may take some time but those are nintendo staples.. I mean Nintendo could act like EA and the next Zelda could end like Mass Effect 3 since EA refused to delay it and Bio had to end it literally overnight, would you really want a zelda, metroid, mario or any game like that?

There's a variety of games coming out over the next 4 months or so.. plenty to keep you going for a bit,, I believe we will have more info on things you want possibly by the next 2 NDs, plus with new consoles coming out (which myself did pre order as well) honestly, theres plenty to be doing..

this gaming generation isn't a single console generation like it used to be, be patient and they will come
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#7IloveElitePosted 6/19/2013 11:22:17 AM
I don't mind saying, if it wasn't for Pikmin 3, I would have sold mine a while ago.

Since getting bored of MH3U there is nothing for me to play and I only keep it for Pikmin 3 because Pikmin is the wife's favourite game.

So.. When P3 hits, if its a let down in any way, my Premium Wii U will be gone.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, Too Human, Blue Dragon
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, Pikmin 3, GTA V
#8AmmonitidaPosted 6/19/2013 11:26:41 AM
trenken posted...
How this is your fav system since the SNES is a mystery to me. Metroid Prime alone makes the GC take a smelly dump all over this, because to me there isnt any games even remotely close to that level of quality.

I judge systems by the games they have, and right now this is one of the worst consoles ive ever owned, and Im 35.

So does Rogue Leader. And ditto for launch window games like REmake.

Wii U is an awful console right now, with most of Nintendo's AAA franchise games not coming out until sometime in 2014. The games that are coming out this year are ALL mediocre. Shame on Nintendo for charging full price for a Wind Waker remake. More heart went into the Halo Remake and that cost just 40 bucks. Same for the Doom 3 remake.
#9trenkenPosted 6/19/2013 11:37:27 AM
Ammonitida posted...
trenken posted...

So does Rogue Leader. And ditto for launch window games like REmake.

Wii U is an awful console right now, with most of Nintendo's AAA franchise games not coming out until sometime in 2014. The games that are coming out this year are ALL mediocre. Shame on Nintendo for charging full price for a Wind Waker remake. More heart went into the Halo Remake and that cost just 40 bucks. Same for the Doom 3 remake.

Where did you hear WW being full price? If thats true Im with you thats absurd. Why that would be any more than $30 is beyond me. They didnt do anything to the game. The graphics are in HD now. Thats not nearly enough to make this worth full price.

Add dungeons, difficulty level, maybe a cool new item, do more with the graphics, add translucency to the water, then sure I could see it being a good value even at full price, but they did almost nothing to the game. Its a $60 GC game?
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#10VoelgerPosted 6/19/2013 11:38:07 AM
I completely agree with this topic! I am a 32 year old gamer and love my wii u, but god!!! Where are the games?

And I am patient, because I know some great Nintendo first party games will eventually come, but what about the wii u VC? They can't release games for that? It's like Nintendo doesn't realize how bad it is. They have the power to release games now, even if they are older games from the GC era, and they just refuse to.

I'm starting to get worried. The only thing holding me over are wii games, since I never owned a wii- like xenoblade, Mario galaxy, resident evil remake archives
And zombiU
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10