Wii U owner holding on by a thread

#11AmmonitidaPosted 6/19/2013 12:39:56 PM
trenken posted...
Ammonitida posted...
trenken posted...
How this is your fav system since the SNES is a mystery to me. Metroid Prime alone makes the GC take a smelly dump all over this, because to me there isnt any games even remotely close to that level of quality.

I judge systems by the games they have, and right now this is one of the worst consoles ive ever owned, and Im 35.

So does Rogue Leader. And ditto for launch window games like REmake.

Wii U is an awful console right now, with most of Nintendo's AAA franchise games not coming out until sometime in 2014. The games that are coming out this year are ALL mediocre. Shame on Nintendo for charging full price for a Wind Waker remake. More heart went into the Halo Remake and that cost just 40 bucks. Same for the Doom 3 remake.

Where did you hear WW being full price? If thats true Im with you thats absurd. Why that would be any more than $30 is beyond me. They didnt do anything to the game. The graphics are in HD now. Thats not nearly enough to make this worth full price.

Add dungeons, difficulty level, maybe a cool new item, do more with the graphics, add translucency to the water, then sure I could see it being a good value even at full price, but they did almost nothing to the game. Its a $60 GC game?

http://geekti.me/wp/2013/03/wind-waker-remake-to-debut-at-premium-price/
#12AmmonitidaPosted 6/19/2013 12:44:13 PM
trenken posted...
Ammonitida posted...
trenken posted...
How this is your fav system since the SNES is a mystery to me. Metroid Prime alone makes the GC take a smelly dump all over this, because to me there isnt any games even remotely close to that level of quality.

I judge systems by the games they have, and right now this is one of the worst consoles ive ever owned, and Im 35.

So does Rogue Leader. And ditto for launch window games like REmake.

Wii U is an awful console right now, with most of Nintendo's AAA franchise games not coming out until sometime in 2014. The games that are coming out this year are ALL mediocre. Shame on Nintendo for charging full price for a Wind Waker remake. More heart went into the Halo Remake and that cost just 40 bucks. Same for the Doom 3 remake.

Where did you hear WW being full price? If thats true Im with you thats absurd. Why that would be any more than $30 is beyond me. They didnt do anything to the game. The graphics are in HD now. Thats not nearly enough to make this worth full price.

Add dungeons, difficulty level, maybe a cool new item, do more with the graphics, add translucency to the water, then sure I could see it being a good value even at full price, but they did almost nothing to the game. Its a $60 GC game?

Even with new dungeons and slightly better graphics it would not be worth full price.

Doom 3 BFG Edition got a whole new campaign and the framerate was increased to 60 frames-per-second. And that still only cost 40 bucks.
#13VoelgerPosted 6/19/2013 12:46:36 PM
I loved wind Waker- I will reluctantly pay 60$
---
Mythlogic-Pollux 1612, Clevo P150em, i7-3720QM, 2GB GTX 680m, 16g DDR3, 128 MSata drive, 750 7200rpm HDD
PowerFAQs 1.10
#14GEKGanonPosted 6/19/2013 12:53:49 PM
Pardon me, TC, but I don't understand these sort of complaints. It isn't like this was the final E3 and also the final opportunity for game companies to announce future releases, with a failure to do so resulting in the games never coming out.

There are actually going to be game releases BEYOND this E3, which means the Metroid game you want may come out somewhere down the road. And Nintendo has already said they are working on a new Zelda title for the Wii U, they just decided against showing it at this particular E3.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#15GEKGanonPosted 6/19/2013 12:56:04 PM
Even with new dungeons and slightly better graphics it would not be worth full price.

Doom 3 BFG Edition got a whole new campaign and the framerate was increased to 60 frames-per-second. And that still only cost 40 bucks.

Why are we using Doom 3 BFG Edition as an example? The game should have cost less than the original, it was graphically worse and had zero support for the mass of pre-existing mods.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#16usaamahlinkPosted 6/19/2013 12:56:29 PM
trenken posted...

Wii had the Metroid Trilogy, which can be played on Wii U.

My Wii with backwards compatibility stomps all over the Gamecube. I have access to the full library of Gamecube games, and Wii games, and select NES, SNES, and N64 titles too. Gamecube alone gives me about a third of the value.

To be very honest though, I wouldn't have liked the Wii nearly as much without Gamecube compatibility. In the same way, I haven't bothered with Wii U yet, despite following it because it's probably not worth my time or money yet. Patience is a virtue, and I'm happy with my Wii right now, so there's no reason to run out and get a Wii U. It'll get a baked OS, might get a price drop, we might get better bundles, or better online infrastructure etc, and there will be more games too. I might get one when Mario Kart comes out, though I'll definitely have one by the time Smash and X come out. Then I'll fill my backlog with games from now, Nintendoland, Wind Waker, Mario 3D World, etc
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Zelda-ALttP, Xenoblade Chronicles, Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#17UC27(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 1:05:15 PM
Man, you guys are brutal. I'm aware that these games will be coming out eventually, and I'll enjoy them then, but that doesn't excuse having to pay full price for games that are currently incomplete ie: Sniper, Call of Duty, Injustice, etc. Sure you could say, just get them on another system then, but then that isn't exactly helping Nintendo is it? I want the Wii U to succeed. That's why I keep going to it other than 360 and PS3 for newer games if they're available on the system.

As for why this is my fav Nintendo system since SNES

Most N64 games looked as if there was a thick sheen of vasoline of the screen while playing them and it had a glorified batarang as a controller.

GameCube had good games but the controller was like a fisher price themed experiment gone horribly awry.

The original Wii I played with for 3 weeks and then gave up because it was built around a gimmick that got really old really fast. There were a few games here and there that shined, like Deadly Creatures, but that's about it.

Just my opinions and how I felt about each console.

With the Wii U I was very leery of the gamepad at first, but have grown to love it. The pro controller is stellar and I love the HD graphics. The gamepad is convenient and truly innovative. It's just really hard to be a fan right now when we keep getting smacked over the head with problem, after bad port, after problem.

Of course the last ND was not the final one. I was just hoping for something more. At the very least an announcement that they've gotten their DLC issues worked out. But no. Not to be.
---
You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be.
#18AmmonitidaPosted 6/19/2013 4:33:31 PM
GEKGanon posted...

Why are we using Doom 3 BFG Edition as an example? The game should have cost less than the original, it was graphically worse and had zero support for the mass of pre-existing mods.

I'm comparing it to the XBOX version.