Whats the point of buying a Wii U?

#1Dipping_sticksPosted 6/19/2013 2:25:59 PM
If
- Nintendo's first party games are just sequels of stale games that offer little to no improvements
- Lack of good online compared to PSN and live
- Lack of multi platform games that sony and microsoft have.
- PSN and live offer free games
- Graphics are outdated compared to the other two consoles
- Region locking
#2Tsutarja495Posted 6/19/2013 2:27:04 PM(edited)
I bought it for no other reason than I wanted Nintendo to have my money. I buy all their systems at launch, I even bought the Virtual Boy back in the day.
#3abbyhitterPosted 6/19/2013 2:29:59 PM
Because I want to play Mario, Zelda, Bayonetta 2, X, Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, and The Wonderful 101.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#4CaioNVPosted 6/19/2013 2:32:14 PM
Ok, I can understand why you think the Wii U will be the worse console of the generation, but...
Dipping_sticks posted...
- Nintendo's first party games are just sequels of stale games that offer little to no improvements

Really?
---
Let's Blocking: http://i.imgur.com/NONavuG.png
#5Tsutarja495Posted 6/19/2013 2:40:25 PM(edited)
And what's wrong with rehashes? I love buying the same game over and over. See my username? Yeah, from Pokemon, the undisputed overlord over all other rehashes offering yearly titles that include two versions of the exact same game in some years.
#6manmousePosted 6/19/2013 2:34:21 PM
because my favorite genres are platformers and RPGs. and it has the best designed platformers and adventure games, and also has Monolith (fronted by one of the best developers Squaresoft ever had in the 90's) for RPGs. and Mistwalker (fronted by the other best developer that Squaresoft ever fired before becoming crap) will likely also develop RPGs for it.

so i decided to get a WiiU.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#7ZeroArcheryPosted 6/19/2013 2:39:07 PM
Dipping_sticks posted...
If

I don't think anyone honestly believes this.

Like, when I see people say things like that, I've only seen them do it in the sarcastic sense, or just to ruffle fanboy's feathers. Most Nintendo sequels offer many twists to the predecessor's gameplay-- as a sequel should. They even give spin-offs to a series to delve deeper into the universe of those characters, and give a cool "what if?" scenario to if the gameplay, and stories would go in different directions.

- Lack of good online compared to PSN and live
- Lack of multi platform games that sony and microsoft have.
- PSN and live offer free games
- Graphics are outdated compared to the other two consoles
- Region locking

Some of these are legitimate, but if we were to get as good of online as PSN or LIVE, we would be paying a subscription. You can't acheive what LIVE is doing for free, way too many costs involved. It's why LIVE is now $60 instead of $50 at the 360's launch.

Nintendo also offered many free games and software-- but it's usually timed. Such as Zelda Four Swords Anniversary, Pokedex 3D, Ambassador Program, Excitebike 3D. Apps such as SwapNote, Netflix, Panorama View, etc. And many many specials and sales such as buy two, get one free, $0.30 Virtual Console games, Club Nitnendo Specials, and free DLC for games (Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge got two cahracters, multiple outfits, and levels, Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC, etc.)

Graphics are also subjective, we live in a very Photorealistic society and often confuse Art Style for Graphical Prowess. To some, Mario Galaxy and Kingdom Hearts 2 would look better than say, God of War or Call of Duty. Different genres, but some people like the colorful artstyles, or the clashing of directions Kingdom Hearts 2 did with like the Pirates of the Carribean world.

Region Locking has legitimate reasons from a business standpoint. From people overseas buying our games for cheaper than their region, or if people buy games from overseas before they come here, that's wasted moneyo n localization. Like if a Shonen Jump game was localized here, but everyone bought it overseas, they lost money and we won't see future games over here because they'll think there's no market. But that's just a few of the reasons, but you're right. As a consumer, you want those options to import games.

All of this is just my take on it.
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#8StickMen1090Posted 6/19/2013 2:40:15 PM
the good games coming to it
#9playboydojoPosted 6/19/2013 2:40:58 PM
I was going to post but then I skimmed the thread, and, uh...^ what ZeroArchery said.
---
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"
#10DisgaeaNutPosted 6/19/2013 2:42:43 PM
I am always on the fence but honestly SMTxFE, X and Mario World will probably be enough for me.