If you were Nintendo, what would you have done for your 8th gen console?

#1iKhanicPosted 6/19/2013 7:19:38 PM
Personally, I would have taken advantage of the Wii's IR capabilities to combine head tracking and motion control (like in this video: http://youtu.be/XOmVKqNHX7M?t=4m6s). I would have also upgraded the Wii's motion sensing capabilities to filter IR noise coming from natural lighting. However, one key thing that I would do is not make head tracking a requirement to play in order to keep 3rd party support strong, but I would include IR glasses in the package.

I would include an FPS as a pack in, and develop a new FPS franchise to work with the new technology.

I'd probably keep the console at the Wii U's level of technology, maybe a little better, while bumping up the ram to 4 GB.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2AceMosPosted 6/19/2013 7:21:23 PM
i dont think motion controll tech ahs evolved enough yet to warent a wii mote upgrade
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3DericViiperPosted 6/19/2013 7:24:51 PM
would make sure it had launch games.
---
[ Gamertag: Viiper ] [ 3DS: 1977-0177-3689 ] [D3 http://bit.ly/Za6T3A]
Animal Crossing: New Leaf [ Deric in Kokomo]
#4kinglink13Posted 6/19/2013 7:27:53 PM
- Region Free
- Let third parties choose if they want DRM (sucks but it would help getting third party support)
- Make sure the Wii U has the same architecture as the other two systems
- better advertisements
- unified account system
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#5Otti_OpaoPosted 6/20/2013 3:58:57 AM
I would try much harder to get third party games on system (even if it meant dipping into the bank account), tie digital purchases to account not console, and advertise the system.
#6Chocobo115Posted 6/20/2013 4:05:30 AM
scrapped the Gamepad, since clearly none has come up with anything interesting yet. And used the money I saved on that to add some extra juice in the console.
---
Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#7DredjPosted 6/20/2013 4:07:04 AM
If I was Nintendo I would not have made my 8th gen console par with the best 7th gen consoles.