To be specific, Miyamoto doesn't like stories in Mario games.

#1GloryChaosPosted 6/20/2013 7:02:37 AM
Zelda and Pikmin (which had better narrative than Metroid: Other M) seem unaffected by this supposed hatred of stories in video games.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#2jbhensPosted 6/20/2013 7:04:05 AM
Ironically, I think the Zelda series has slipped because it has focused less on gameplay and more on story.
#3GloryChaos(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 7:08:35 AM
jbhens posted...
Ironically, I think the Zelda series has slipped because it has focused less on gameplay and more on story.

Well, oracle of ages us the more story focused of the two and is generally seen as the better game of its duo. So I wouldn't target the focus on story as the problem. But in the case of the last couple of Zelda games we got, I think the stories should be more engaging if they're going to give them as much focus as they have been.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#4jbhensPosted 6/20/2013 7:10:23 AM
I kinda feel like with both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword that they built the gameplay around the story instead of the story around the gameplay
#5lordjersPosted 6/20/2013 7:33:29 AM
Well, oracle of ages us the more story focused of the two and is generally seen as the better game of its duo.

It probably was because the dungeons and everything that connected them was superior.
---
Science and Religion can be great friends. However, they make up for an awful marriage.
Top CVs: CV, CV III, SCV IV, CotM, CV 64
#6JMC611Posted 6/20/2013 7:42:51 AM
Scenario:

Peach is kidnapped by Bowser and Mario has to save her again(. While trying to save her, he gets caught in some sort of time-space distortion and gets sent to the future. Upon arriving in the future he is greeted by the sight of the ruins of mushroom kingdom. After a bit of looking around he meets Future Luigi who informs him that Peach was murdered by a nameless creature long ago and that Future Mario disappeared shortly after. When asked by Mario about Bowser, Luigi states that he has never heard of someone called Bowser which confuses Mario greatly. Together the pair travels the destroyed world trying to find a way to return Mario to the past and while on their journey, the pair encounters the creature who killed Peach and laid waste to the Mushroom kingdom. They fight, defeat and kill the monster which opens another space-time rift back to Mario's time. But right as they kill the creature, Mario starts to see various images race through his mind. He sees that the creature was a creation of Bowser's who can travel trough space in time. He sees the creature escape Bowser's fortress and travel to the future where he then kills Future Peach. He sees future Mario, overcome by grief, despair and anger, transform into a terrific beast but he can't make out his features. He sees Future mario travel to the past to try to claim Past Peach as his own. Once he reaches the past, Mario get a view of Future Mario's transformed face. It is then he realizes that his long time arch-enemy Bowser was himself the entire time. And that he is the only one who can stop him and stop the future.
#7The_DOAMPosted 6/20/2013 7:51:51 AM
Yes I know as he ruined Paper Mario 3ds....
---
Ignorance is Bliss...