Nintendo needs another Goldeneye or Perfect Dark...

#1jbhensPosted 6/20/2013 1:03:43 PM
Just to please me. I have fond memories of these 2 games and kinda laugh how many Nintendo fans seem to be against shooters when Nintendo kind of started the craze on home consoles. I really think they should find a 2nd Party that can create a Nintendo version of Halo. By that, I mean something that Nintendo console fans will love just like the Xbox fans love Halo. They did it with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, why not try it again while shooters are extremely popular and they won't have much competition on the Wii U.
#2gold163Posted 6/20/2013 1:04:51 PM
Because Free Radical Entertainment is dead and so is fun.
#3jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 1:05:41 PM
gold163 posted...

Timesplitters 2 was awesome.
#4Baha05Posted 6/20/2013 1:07:23 PM
I missed out on those game, I think at the time I only had Duke Nukem 3D (which I liked a bit better then the XBLA one if only for the ability to fight Duke Bots
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#5ShankspearePosted 6/20/2013 1:08:26 PM
jbhens posted...
gold163 posted...

agreed?

back in the day me and my friends used to play that and 007 agent under fire. Makes me wonder where titan fall got some of its innovation lol.
#6jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 1:08:50 PM
Baha05 posted...
I missed out on those game, I think at the time I only had Duke Nukem 3D (which I liked a bit better then the XBLA one if only for the ability to fight Duke Bots

Oh man. Goldeneye was amazing for it's time. That was the thing about the N64. It didn't have nearly enough games, but the biggest and best games on the system were insanely good, new, and fresh for the time.
#7ShankspearePosted 6/20/2013 1:08:54 PM
Shankspeare posted...
jbhens posted...
gold163 posted...

agreed?

back in the day me and my friends used to play that and 007 agent under fire. Makes me wonder where titan fall got some of its innovation lol.

Sorry about the question mark.....don't know why i did that....
#8jbhens(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 1:09:51 PM
Shankspeare posted...
jbhens posted...
gold163 posted...

agreed?

I played AoF on the Gamecube. I remember multiplayer being fun because of the jetpacks.
#9ShankspearePosted 6/20/2013 1:11:26 PM
jbhens posted...
Shankspeare posted...
jbhens posted...
gold163 posted...

agreed?

I played AoF on the Gamecube. I remember multiplayer being fun because of the jetpacks.

yes sir and dat grapple. Man so long ago....that was an awesome game and it was made by EA.....
#10gold163Posted 6/20/2013 1:14:21 PM
I don't think "Nintendo fans" are against "shooters" so much as they are against the idea that their system of choice necessarily needs to be defined by shooters, especially not military-themed shooters. The PS3's flagship shooters were Resistance and Killzone 2, the Xbox's flagship is always going to be Halo and CoD was very popular on the 360...

I think the reaction to shooters you see on Nintendo consoles is more of a revulsion to the themes that are prevalent in most (not all) modern shooters, including but not limited to a glorification of violence and war. Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, and Timesplitters were an antithesis to this -- they were just goofy, fun loving games, and that's why the former two fit so perfectly with the N64, because there were developers besides Nintendo who shared the vision that a game can be about any stupid thing as long as it's fun.