I think it's pathetic how it takes Retro Studios 3 years to make 1 game.

#71zatOMGPosted 6/21/2013 3:46:02 PM
jbhens posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
The only good Rare game on the N64 was Perfect Dark.
Your point is moot.

5 years, and only one quality game.
Only one game that didn't handle like a turd salad on a hot day.
Only one game that had an actual, decently written story, with somewhat likable characters, and fun gameplay.

Retro has already surpassed Rare.
Prior to Perfect Dark, Rare made the masterpieces that are DKC, DKC2, and Killer Instinct.
Retro has made three near perfect Metroids, the best platformer of all time, helped in the creation of a damn good racing game, and are now making a follow-up to the best platformer of all time, which actually looks BETTER than it's predecessor.

To be honest, Jet Force Gemini was actually not too shabby. Not Perfect Dark good, but it wasn't as awful as DK64, or Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I would like a new Conker, if it relied on British humor, as opposed to potty humor. and fart jokes are funny, if executed properly. Nothing is more comical than a well timed breaking of the wind, but CBFD would have been much better, with some decent comedy, and much better gameplay. But it was a pioneer in the TPS genre, so I'll give it that.

Your opinion sucks

Riight??!?!
I just read his posts to laugh at how aggravating it must be to have a mindset so narrow.
#72BlueInfinityPosted 6/21/2013 4:16:46 PM
pearl arowana posted...
yeap.. i dont think drones can think :(
maybe the drones worry nintendo will lose some money in their bank if we critics them.

And insulting people with blanket statements make you look oh-so-mature.

I can only imagine what well thought-out and informative information you could possibly have about this topic.

I won't hold my breath though.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger
#73PUNCHOUT1116Posted 6/21/2013 6:13:09 PM
I will admit... a couple of years just to make an HD Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Thats honestly insane. What have they been doing with that time?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#74BlueInfinityPosted 6/21/2013 6:21:12 PM
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
I will admit... a couple of years just to make an HD Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Thats honestly insane. What have they been doing with that time?

Posts like these are why we are always in the dark until a game is almost done.

"What's that? A game isn't done over night? On an HD Console? And it isn't polished perfectly with tons of content and scope? Pathetic!"

I'm in Game & Simulation Design, it's difficult enough just getting a game like Tetris made. Or Break Out.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger