Your Reaction - The next Zelda goes first person

#21Moocow123450Posted 6/21/2013 6:54:44 AM
Some game series would be enhanced in first person. TLoZ is not one of them
---
3DS friend Code: 0516-7267-8112 PM me if added
I choose you! Miltank!
#22The_HyphenatorPosted 6/21/2013 6:57:46 AM
I wouldn't mind it if, in the style of Skyrim or Fallout, you could switch between first and third-person perspectives. Or perhaps they could do a spin on the old Zelda II style, where the overworld and cutscenes could be in third-person, and dungeons and indoor areas could be in third-person.

But I think a purely first-person Zelda game would be a bad idea. There's a reason they didn't go that route with Ocarina of Time, even though they toyed with the idea.
#23Rennik RepotsirPosted 6/21/2013 7:55:36 AM
Inspiration doesn't necessarily mean copy. I'm actually curious on how it would turn out.
---
FREE BUMP!!!
"Nothing suits you more than the freedom of a demon; act now, and I throw in a special servant just for you."
#24NiftyManZPosted 6/21/2013 8:02:16 AM
It's as if skyrim was the first action adventure game to have first person...
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#25TheWhoFanPosted 6/21/2013 8:58:56 AM
There hasn't been any 1st person Zelda yet. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but I'm open to new ideas. I would judge the game by its own merits, not by its choice of camera perspective.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#26JonbazookabozPosted 6/21/2013 9:15:07 AM
Next zelda is gonna be a 3rd person zelda in a skyrim type game. Id bet my game collection on it.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#27TallWhiteNinjaPosted 6/21/2013 9:21:47 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
That being said, I'd like a third person game with Dark Souls-style combat and a large open world.

Mesh the interconnected world and tense combat of Dark Souls with some Zelda-style puzzles and items, and the result might well be my favorite game of all time.

As for first-person: it would depend on how it was executed. It's not my favorite perspective, but it's certainly not a dealbreaker.
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.