Your Reaction - The next Zelda goes first person

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your Reaction - The next Zelda goes first person

User Info: Moocow123450

Moocow123450
3 years ago#21
Some game series would be enhanced in first person. TLoZ is not one of them
3DS friend Code: 0516-7267-8112 PM me if added
I choose you! Miltank!

User Info: The_Hyphenator

The_Hyphenator
3 years ago#22
I wouldn't mind it if, in the style of Skyrim or Fallout, you could switch between first and third-person perspectives. Or perhaps they could do a spin on the old Zelda II style, where the overworld and cutscenes could be in third-person, and dungeons and indoor areas could be in third-person.

But I think a purely first-person Zelda game would be a bad idea. There's a reason they didn't go that route with Ocarina of Time, even though they toyed with the idea.

User Info: Rennik Repotsir

Rennik Repotsir
3 years ago#23
Inspiration doesn't necessarily mean copy. I'm actually curious on how it would turn out.
FREE BUMP!!!
"Nothing suits you more than the freedom of a demon; act now, and I throw in a special servant just for you."

User Info: NiftyManZ

NiftyManZ
3 years ago#24
It's as if skyrim was the first action adventure game to have first person...
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)

User Info: TheWhoFan

TheWhoFan
3 years ago#25
There hasn't been any 1st person Zelda yet. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but I'm open to new ideas. I would judge the game by its own merits, not by its choice of camera perspective.
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
3 years ago#26
Next zelda is gonna be a 3rd person zelda in a skyrim type game. Id bet my game collection on it.
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: TallWhiteNinja

TallWhiteNinja
3 years ago#27
UponADarkThorne posted...
That being said, I'd like a third person game with Dark Souls-style combat and a large open world.

Mesh the interconnected world and tense combat of Dark Souls with some Zelda-style puzzles and items, and the result might well be my favorite game of all time.

As for first-person: it would depend on how it was executed. It's not my favorite perspective, but it's certainly not a dealbreaker.
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your Reaction - The next Zelda goes first person

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived