If there was a new Mega man game...

#1kingbadjoPosted 6/20/2013 10:58:33 PM
What differences would you like to see in it? I'm kind of getting tired with all the 2d platformers.. What changes to the game or genres will make it better in your opinion?
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#2YoyokuKOPosted 6/20/2013 11:00:24 PM
you never played legends?

it was essentially the first monster hunter, lost planet, and dead rising
#3snae99Posted 6/20/2013 11:13:14 PM
I just want Mega Man X9... SNES styled preferably.
---
Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening
#4MilesTeg420Posted 6/20/2013 11:22:25 PM
I would like a 3D Mega Man game that is not open world. Same concept as the 2D games - go through level, kill boss, get power. Smallish, confined levels, lots of shooting, lots of dying, lots of replayability. Some multiple paths in levels and some Metroid-esque design where some stuff is locked behind a specific power up and you replay the level later to get it.

The camera would be fixed; it changes dynamically like the recent 3D Mario games. There can even be more traditional parts of levels like the classic 2D games. This ensures perspective will be fine for gameplay at all times.

And, I'm putting in a quick target system. Similar to Zelda, Prime, or even GTA lock on. The catch is it does less damage than regular attack and can possibly lower your rating/grade for the level. There can be hardcore mode where it's unavailable as well.
#5manmousePosted 6/20/2013 11:24:46 PM
people were "tired of all the 2D platformers" when they made Mega Man X7, and butchered the series.

2D platformers are just as legit as 3D, and in the case of Mega Man, a series built on precision jumps, precision shooting (as in no auto-aim), and precision obstacle and projectile dodging, 2D is the way to go.

anti-2D stigma is a product of generation 5, 6, and early 7. at this point people have realized it offers specific game design opportunities that 3D doesn't offer and vice-versa. much like Sonic, MM's core design principles are 2D-based.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#6Oni_TaedoPosted 6/20/2013 11:37:03 PM(edited)
YoyokuKO posted...
you never played legends?

it was essentially the first monster hunter, lost planet, and dead rising

Only, it wasn't as good as any of those.

If you like games with bad controls, bad gameplay, and can put up with some of the hammiest story Capcom has ever whipped up (yes, it's that bad. The story and voice acting make original RE seem like Arkham City), then Legends is for you.

I can tell Capcom had the right idea, but they did the wrong things. You can only aim by holding a button down, you are confined to tank controls, jumping is floaty, you can't charge (which had pretty much become a staple of the series by that point), weapons range from lame to useless (there's actually weapons you NEVER have to use, and are simply for the purpose of exploration, but you won't want to bother, considering that the game is just terrible).

But, it wins SOME points, for having Johann Sebastian Bach's "Little Fugue in G Minor" as the end boss theme.
It made what was one of the most ho hum bosses I had ever fought at that point in my life, much more epic.

I'd like it if Capcom remade the first game, with competent mechanics, good controls, and some decent writing.
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida