HERE is where Miyamoto should take F-Zero...

#41WickedSickJoshPosted 6/21/2013 10:13:27 AM
No...F-Zero is done. Even Mario Kart is getting stale. The only thing I could think of is turn Mario Kart into a "Super Smash Kart" or something. Keep the basic Mario Kart-like gameplay, add in a bunch of signature SSB items and stages, added "Final Smash" for each character and maybe add in a damage system (like SSB, the more damage you take the further you fly when you get damaged again).

Plus is would be fresh with all the classic characters, like Captain Falcon in his Blue Falcon, Samus in her starship, Fox in his Arwing, Link on Epona, Kirby on his giant star thing (or Dragoo or whatever it's called), Mario and Luigi in their typical karts, Olimiar in his starship, Donkey Kong in his barrel kart or even Rambi, etc etc etc.
---
Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: OOS (3DS), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Simpsons Tapped Out (iOS)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#42Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 10:25:10 AM
WickedSickJosh posted...
No...F-Zero is done. Even Mario Kart is getting stale. The only thing I could think of is turn Mario Kart into a "Super Smash Kart" or something. Keep the basic Mario Kart-like gameplay, add in a bunch of signature SSB items and stages, added "Final Smash" for each character and maybe add in a damage system (like SSB, the more damage you take the further you fly when you get damaged again).

Plus is would be fresh with all the classic characters, like Captain Falcon in his Blue Falcon, Samus in her starship, Fox in his Arwing, Link on Epona, Kirby on his giant star thing (or Dragoo or whatever it's called), Mario and Luigi in their typical karts, Olimiar in his starship, Donkey Kong in his barrel kart or even Rambi, etc etc etc.

Well we shall see if its stale after mario kart 8's release and how well it plays and sells.

Its not like fzero is some crazy niche random genre. Its a racing game pure and simple. Sony and ms are launching with racing games for crying out loud. If nintendo marketed their game well it would sell.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#43Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 10:27:36 AM
Black_ShadowGX posted...
Jonbazookaboz posted...

"There are literally dozens. But ill take one you know- Final Fantasy 400,000 sales, ff4 1.4 million (that is two generations of console btw) then ff7 9.8 million.

Different generations have different gamer bases and demands. I think a good fzero would thrive now."/

And in comparsion the last 3 F-Zero games sold;

F-Zero GX: 350,981 units worldwide

F-Zero GP Legend: 150,000 units worldwide

& finally F-Zero Climax: 9,000 units its first week then dropped completely off Japanese sales charts.

And this was in a heavyiest F-Zero promted era too. Face it, F-Zero is not a profitable series for Nintendo, none of your ideas are actually attention grabbers for consumers outside F-Zero's small fanbase nor selling points for Nintendo to give it a go.

Yeah and fzero advance sold half a million. Thats plenty on an old hand held
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#44Starwars4JPosted 6/21/2013 11:02:19 AM
Jonbazookaboz posted...

For a Nintendo franchise? That's pretty terrible. For a normal game I'd agree it was decent. Compared to everything else though? No.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#45Black_ShadowGXPosted 6/21/2013 12:32:23 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Jonbazookaboz posted...

For a Nintendo franchise? That's pretty terrible. For a normal game I'd agree it was decent. Compared to everything else though? No.

plus F-Zero Maximum Velocity, was a launch title, and compared to the other Nintendo titles at the time, its sales are still lackluster.
---
Scorpion: *throws spear* GET OVER HERE! *Spear shatters upon hitting Superman's chest*....STAY OVER THERE!
#46AlexPumaPosted 6/21/2013 12:48:20 PM
How about we let Monster Games work on it? Even if it flops, it would be better than sending them to do nothing but work on 3DS ports of Wii games. I loved the ExciteTruck/Bots/Bike World Rally games.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott