A Mario "World" game? Are they kidding me?

#1Starwars4JPosted 6/21/2013 11:40:16 AM
So I finally stopped to really think about this situation, and it's unbelievable. So they launched their new system and have a new Mario game. Makes sense, they did it before. But this game...it just doesn't look like the Mario games that came before it and it screams of being terribly lazy.

For one, the power. And yes, that's singular. After the variety of powers we had in the last new Mario game now we get just one. A cape. How stupid does that look? I can only imagine the people who try to dress up as the "new Mario power". Not very creative. "Hey, we call him SUPER Mario right? So lets give him a cape!". And on top of that, the new mechanics...he rides around on what looks like a friggin dinosaur/horse hybrid. What's that? Where's my Kuribo's shoe? I was expecting this to be JUST LIKE the last game and it has all of these changes. It's going to suck

And even worse? It's a clear sequel to a crappy handheld game:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/02/Supermariolandboxart.jpg/250px-Supermariolandboxart.jpg

Super Mario Land --> Super Mario World

Talk about a lack of creativity. "Hey, it's bigger and for a home console...so we'll change "Land" to "World" and they'll be none the wiser! The Nintendo I knew is dead. And they dragged Mario down with him.

Oy.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#2SpookyryuPosted 6/21/2013 11:42:06 AM
Starwars4J posted...
So I finally stopped to really think about this situation, and it's unbelievable. So they launched their new system and have a new Mario game. Makes sense, they did it before. But this game...it just doesn't look like the Mario games that came before it and it screams of being terribly lazy.

For one, the power. And yes, that's singular. After the variety of powers we had in the last new Mario game now we get just one. A cape. How stupid does that look? I can only imagine the people who try to dress up as the "new Mario power". Not very creative. "Hey, we call him SUPER Mario right? So lets give him a cape!". And on top of that, the new mechanics...he rides around on what looks like a friggin dinosaur/horse hybrid. What's that? Where's my Kuribo's shoe? I was expecting this to be JUST LIKE the last game and it has all of these changes. It's going to suck

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/02/Supermariolandboxart.jpg/250px-Supermariolandboxart.jpg

Talk about a lack of creativity. "Hey, it's bigger and for a home console...so we'll change "Land" to "World" and they'll be none the wiser! The Nintendo I knew is dead. And they dragged Mario down with him.

Oy.

You should read more topics from people that has played it at best buy, and you will see is not bad at all, by the way since the snes land and world has existed, sorry
#3BlueInfinityPosted 6/21/2013 11:42:09 AM
There is so much to comment on this ingenious topic I don't even know where to begin.

I... I can't believe how clever, well done, and overall impressive this topic actually is.

Cudos, I'm favoriting this and bookmarking it.
---
'[Blue], call me whatever feels right on your keyboard.' - Marsford
'I didn't bother to read any of that since you have bad taste in games.' - KGTrigger
#4SegavsCapcomPosted 6/21/2013 11:43:51 AM
I see what you did there...
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#5Nintendo316TPosted 6/21/2013 11:44:09 AM
Spookyryu posted...
Starwars4J posted...

Oy.

You should read more topics from people that has played it at best buy, and you will see is not bad at all, by the way since the snes land and world has existed, sorry

^ Didn't read the opening post at all.
---
PSN, X-Box Live, Steam: Nintendo316
Wii U: Nintend0316 3DS: 1375-7216-1904
#6MikeisapoetPosted 6/21/2013 11:44:18 AM
Spookyryu posted...
Starwars4J posted...

Oy.

WHOOSH!
---
If you were to ask me what kind of person I was, I'd tell you I listen to dubstep, country, rap and thrash metal. I think that makes me a pretty level person.
#7NiftyManZPosted 6/21/2013 11:45:12 AM
Spookyryu posted...
Starwars4J posted...

Oy.

Before you quote... You should read what you quote...

Very enjoyable read TC!
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#8cavebear56Posted 6/21/2013 11:45:21 AM
Brilliant. I applaud you.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#9GloryChaosPosted 6/21/2013 11:45:32 AM
This topic gets my full approval.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#10king_reggie_28Posted 6/21/2013 11:46:03 AM
This is an amazing topic. I salute you TC.
---
"I am Butler. Everything I say sounds tough. Now get out of the lake, fairy." -Butler, Artemis Fowl and the last guardian