Will have a Wii U by this time next week

#1sonicfanaticjtbPosted 6/21/2013 3:57:56 PM
Finally. After having to put every penny I make towards bills for awhile, things are finally getting better. Can't wait to get my Wii U and start putting money towards Mario 3d World!

Anywho, I was wondering 'bout something... If I recall, there was originally an update that could brick the system if you lost power while downloading, which ain't good considering that my apartment randomly loses power every now and again... Is that still a thing? I seem to recall Nintendo saying something 'bout the update being preinstalled with Wii U's after the new year...

Also, my local wal-mart hasn't had deluxe units in awhile. Anyone else having that same situation, or is it just my local wal-mart being dumb as per usual?

Thank you. Can't wait to play New Super Mario Bros. U :)
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#2JonbazookabozPosted 6/21/2013 4:05:24 PM
If u lose power during an update it just starts where it left off when u turn it back on. Dunno if it is now pre-installed or not
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#3linkboy447Posted 6/21/2013 9:22:34 PM
I'm pretty sure it should be preinstalled, but if not don't worry about it bricking - it won't happen. It'll just pick up where it left off.... and welcome to the best video gaming experience since the Wii! I highly recommend Lego City! I'm saving for Pikmin 3!
#4oldhbk76Posted 6/21/2013 10:35:12 PM
Congrats and enjoy, I love the Wii U!
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: 3ds fc: 5086-0928-4789