Super excited for X

#1iKhanicPosted 6/21/2013 4:35:06 PM
Looking back Xenoblade Chronicles is like a Wii U game that was released a few years too early. The sprawling worlds, detailed art design, and hectic battle system are just begging to be in HD.

From the looks of things, X does all of that and more, letting you fight giant dinosaurs, and seemingly taking place in a futuristic world.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
Dictator of the Zelda Wii U Board
#2jim200Posted 6/21/2013 4:39:56 PM
I agree I love Xenoblade Chronicles I'm still playing it and I can't wait for X!
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#3ShankspearePosted 6/21/2013 4:50:38 PM
Awesome looking game. Gave me a big phantasy star vibe.I wonder what the battle system will be like.
#4manmousePosted 6/21/2013 5:15:22 PM
i doubt any Xeno game will ever beat Xenogears for me, but i'm still sooo excited for it.

it seems to be a common theme, just like Xenoblade seemed like it was the scope of a next gen game, Xenogears as well was twice as long as its contemporary FFs and had the deepest plot of any game of its era (and many games afterwards) spanning characters thousands if not millions of years apart from eachother and dealing with some heavy psychological material. people weren't really ready for it at that time, and Square wasn't even ready to give them enough money and development time for that ridiculously huge ambitious game, so the end got sloppy (however, the end section is still far beyond when most people would have already beat an FF game anyway) and the graphics were low quality compared to its FF brethren (much like xenoblade's graphics don't compete with the best of its gen).

but yeah, my point being i wouldn't be surprised is X ended up being really ambitious to the point where it seems like it belongs in the next generation (graphics aside).
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#5alamazing1234Posted 6/21/2013 5:25:49 PM
I hated Xenoblade and it's dumbed down MMO combat. They seem to have stuck with it as opposed to going fully real time in X so I'm going to avoid it like the plague.
#6Zero280Posted 6/21/2013 5:31:41 PM
Why can't it be 2014 already lol
---
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786
#7NCPwnPosted 6/21/2013 5:34:40 PM
alamazing1234 posted...
I hated Xenoblade and it's dumbed down MMO combat. They seem to have stuck with it as opposed to going fully real time in X so I'm going to avoid it like the plague.

This. If I wanted to play an MMO I'd do a proper one with PvP or at least play with friends.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#8zerooo0Posted 6/21/2013 5:35:46 PM
Eh, not too interested in it.
---
DICE/EA I love ya. THANK YA FOR REVIVING STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT.
TAKE MY MONEY.
#9Tsutarja495Posted 6/21/2013 5:36:44 PM
Xenoblade is my favorite home console game of all, so I have high hopes for X.
#10FenderMasterPosted 6/21/2013 5:38:29 PM
No interest at all in X. Looks like another JRPG with boring repetitive combat, anime stereotypes and a large scale.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org