The State of the WiiU: A Brief Analysis

#11AceMosPosted 6/21/2013 10:18:56 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
AceMos posted...
Dr_Facer posted...
You are comparing a handheld to a home console: Your analysis is immediately invalid as both markets are completely different.

ok then why did the wii out sell the ps3 adn 360

It was significantly cheaper and had games. Wii Sports drove home the new controller.

wii u is cheapter than its competitors

and has more party games
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#12mini_blightPosted 6/21/2013 10:38:07 PM
Mwulf posted...
I've seen a lot of complaining and whining about the WiiU lately. A lot of gamers--a lot of WiiU owners and Nintendo fans--all seem to be under the false impression that the WiiU is a failure.

Do not underestimate the amount of fake fans and trolls roaming about.

Dr_Facer posted...
You are comparing a handheld to a home console: Your analysis is immediately invalid as both markets are completely different.

Except when it's time to claim Nintendo is finished.

MilesTeg420 posted...
AceMos posted...
Dr_Facer posted...

ok then why did the wii out sell the ps3 adn 360

It was significantly cheaper and had games. Wii Sports drove home the new controller.

"Wii has no games" was a meme for years. I thought you said you owned every Nintendo console. I should have known you were lying.

And Nintendo Land drove home the new controller, too. Funny that.
#13iGenesisPosted 6/21/2013 10:42:41 PM
Mwulf posted...

The WiiU is only just beginning, and anyone who declares it to be failure is (as I hope this brief analysis has demonstrated) quite clearly talking out of his or her ass.

Home console market: 3-way battle between Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony. The Wii started out with an overwhelming lead, selling more units than the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined. Now, as the generation wraps up, the final numbers are 39%-31%-30% for Wii-X360-PS3, a far closer race than most would imagine. Nintendo has been in last place before (namely, the PS2-Xbox-GCN generation.)

Handheld market: 2-way competition between Nintendo and Sony. Nintendo held a monopoly during the GameBoy days, and even after the PSP and PSVita's debut, has never fallen below a 70% market share.

What does the Wii U have to offer that its competition doesn't? You know the Wii's motion controls were a success because they caught on with the public immediately. How many people have bought Wii Us for its tablet gimmick (which Nintendo admits is inflating the Wii U's manufacturing cost & retail price by a significant amount?) Logic suggests this will be a repeat of the PS2-Xbox-GCN generation, with sales in that order.

Nintendo alienated quite a lot of its longtime fans during the Wii generation, when they shifted a lot of resources from traditional games towards Touch Generations software that was targeted at the mainstream. In an act of complete incompetence, Nintendo managed to lose almost its entire casual fanbase over the last 2-3 years. Nintendo's consumer base is now the smallest it's ever been.
---
GameFAQs.com: You make the content; CBS makes the money
http://lueshi.info/Nintendo_Series_Tier_List.gif | http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif