Nintendo Wii U's innovative tablet controller is not so unique anymore.

#1levyjl1988Posted 6/21/2013 9:54:00 PM
Wii U has the Wii U tablet controller.
Sony's PS4 has second Screen (utilizing any tablet and app).
Microsoft's Xbox One has Smartglass (utilizing any tablet and app).

Nintendo has been ahead on the motion gaming front with it's innovative controller.
From that Sony performed a more technological advanced version with PS Move.
Microsoft a bit more different removing the controller as a whole with Kinect.

The same is applying now. Nintendo and their tablet like device. Microsoft and Sony following suite. The gimmick for Nintendo did net them a lot of money, but the wii in all collected dust.
The sales for Wii U just isn't strong. And even though Nintendo doesn't consider them to be in competition with Sony and Microsoft, in the consumers eyes they are in competition.

When the question is raised to which console to purchase, they are in competition. I assume with the wii collecting dust initially by buyers, the wii U might suffer the same fate as the wii.

Third parties just aren't interested in the Wii U anymore, the lack of power and the tablet controller has been replicated by other companies, perhaps better.

A good example is Tom Clancy's District utilizing Smartglass. Even Activision's Destiny is doing something unique with it. Dead Rising 3 can call in air strikes.

Nintendo just can't capture the third party developers anymore. Gimmick isn't enough, technological innovation, and attention to detail will inspire you to greater heights of quality and dedication.

The reason though I'll be picking up a Wii U is for Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8, and maybe the next LOZ, if it's good enough. But then again I might fall prey to Elder Scrolls Online.

there's too many options for gamers now, that it's hard to attract attention and the only thing bringing in their fans are their intellectual properties. Such nostalgia is hard to cut down until you find something even better and more memorable.

Then again that's just my take on it.
---
Now I'll have to buy all next gen consoles, sigh. :(
#2BuretsuPosted 6/21/2013 9:55:12 PM
Another example of Nintendo leading and everyone else following behind.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3Dr_FacerPosted 6/21/2013 9:58:31 PM
Buretsu posted...

And doing it better than Ninty after they put it in the table..
#4BuretsuPosted 6/21/2013 10:00:41 PM
Dr_Facer posted...
Buretsu posted...

And having it be a failure for them.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#5FFXIgaiaknightPosted 6/21/2013 10:02:34 PM
i dont think smartglass will be as big as microsoft is hoping it will be i know i wont personally ever use it.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#6TerotrousPosted 6/21/2013 10:02:56 PM
Dr_Facer posted...

Just like how Move was better than the Wiimote, right?

And optional peripheral will never beat out an included one, regardless of its specific functionality, because it will never be as widely supported.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Hi no Tori"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#7GamespohtPosted 6/21/2013 10:05:29 PM
It's not like anybody is going to the Vita or Smartglass are they?
So what's the point?
---
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
#8SteamedRicePosted 6/21/2013 10:06:34 PM
Buretsu posted...
Dr_Facer posted...
Buretsu posted...

And having it be a failure for them.

But because Wii U flopped, Sony and Microsoft aren't forcing it on their consumers as there doesn't see, to be interest in a tablet bundled with a console.
#9GoombaXPosted 6/21/2013 10:06:48 PM
Gamespoht posted...
It's not like anybody is going to the Vita or Smartglass are they?
So what's the point?

the only useful thing i have seen for smartglass is a map for fable anniversary
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: LoZ: MM, MvC 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Last of Us
#10vidalmorazaPosted 6/21/2013 10:10:50 PM
Is not even the same, most Xbox One games and PS4 games are gonna use it for trivial things, and since every Wii U has a tablet controller, is used a lot more and in more ways...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg