Nintendo Wii U's innovative tablet controller is not so unique anymore.

#11king_maddenPosted 6/21/2013 10:11:11 PM
this is more of a case of all companies deciding to do something, and nintendo doing pretty much the bare minimum with it so they are able to come out with it first, then the others fine tune it and try to enhance it and then come out with it.

i dont think anyone is following anyone. especially seeing as though these things are in production for years, so unless everyone has a spy in the next camp, I doubt they were copying anything.
#12userfrigginamePosted 6/21/2013 10:12:52 PM
Yeah, kinda like how Avatar restarted the whole 3D thing, and everyone else wanted to jump on the bandwagon. And how Steve Jobs created simplicity and ease-of-use in smartphones and tablets, and everyone else also wanted to bandwagon on that bubble. Nintendo has been pioneering/re-inacting new ways to play games in the gaming industry, and as much as I don't care about motion controls and all that, they deserve the credit for being the guys the other companies copycat.
#13BuretsuPosted 6/21/2013 10:13:18 PM
SteamedRice posted...
Buretsu posted...
Dr_Facer posted...
Buretsu posted...
Another example of Nintendo leading and everyone else following behind.

And doing it better than Ninty after they put it in the table..

And having it be a failure for them.

But because Wii U flopped, Sony and Microsoft aren't forcing it on their consumers as there doesn't see, to be interest in a tablet bundled with a console.

It's too early to say whether the Wii U has flopped.

But you say there's no forcing, and yet Sony is requiring all PS4 games to be compatible with Remote Play on the PS4 and, you say there's no interest even though Microsoft made Smartglass integration a serious feature during their E3 presentation..
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#14Go2ChurchPosted 6/21/2013 10:15:46 PM
Nobody is going to use that ****. Seriously. Who the hell is going to use Smartglass? Microsoft has been trying to make it work, but it's not clicking (as far as I can tell).

It's not the hardware, it's how you use it.
---
Everybody seeks happiness! Not me, though! Thats the difference between me and the rest of the world. Happiness isnt good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
#15king_maddenPosted 6/21/2013 10:19:26 PM
is it forcing if its optional?

as in you dont need one at all.
#16strongo9Posted 6/21/2013 10:22:38 PM
Nobody is going to use smartglass. Windows RT tablets and smartphones suck.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#17AiddonPosted 6/21/2013 10:24:39 PM
and we're supposed to care because...?
#18wombatkiddPosted 6/21/2013 10:46:39 PM
SteamedRice posted...
But because Wii U flopped, Sony and Microsoft aren't forcing it on their consumers as there doesn't see, to be interest in a tablet bundled with a console.

I love how people just assume the PS4 and Xbox One will do better. Here's some news for you: They are going to be competing with the PS3 and Xbox 360 for the first year and a half of their life at least. And the PS3 and Xbox 360 will be getting many of the same games, and have huge libraries that the new systems aren't compatible with.

If either of them breaks 10 million in their first year I'll eat a hat made of rusty razor blades.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#19TechniMyokoPosted 6/22/2013 1:14:52 AM
In fairness, Wii U's gamepad is a complete ripoff of RemotePlay to begin with.
#20Baha05Posted 6/22/2013 1:18:23 AM
Different uses are vastly different TC. Besides any use of Smart Glass for unique features could easily have been implemented to the Gamepad (which judging by some Smart Glass uses I've seen is simple BIOs on things or my Halo 4 Stats)
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy