The next few months will be crucial and first party games will boost sales

#1shaunmePosted 6/22/2013 12:58:02 AM
I'm not sure if pikmin 3 will sell systems because it didn't sell cubes, but at least now with a regular stream of games going into next year there is an incentive to buy the system.They really need a price cut to compete with what is coming, drop the price slightly, bundle a new game and people will pick this up AS WELL as ps4 or xbone.No gamer is going to main the wii u but if they score one cheap that leaves it open for them to pick one of the competition, people saying the ps4 and xbone could have the same problem as the wii u, slow start etc should read this.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/21/ps4-and-xbox-one-help-amazon-hit-4000-yoy-increase-in-console-pre-orders/
---
MY Wii u IS a next gen console!! "Please understand...........Cat mario"
It just has LAST gen hardware. NNID:shaunme1
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 6/22/2013 1:01:31 AM
Didn't the Wii U sell out on preorders?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#3shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 1:04:00 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Didn't the Wii U sell out on preorders?

i think so yes but look how many consoles were sold this gen, and the wii u has sold what? 4 million globally? where are the rest of those gamers
---
#4Baha05Posted 6/22/2013 1:07:41 AM
shaunme posted...
i think so yes but look how many consoles were sold this gen, and the wii u has sold what? 4 million globally? where are the rest of those gamers

Umm what? Do you mean consoles sold this year or consoels sold this generation? Because so far onl 3 Consoels have been sold that have sales:

3DS
Vita
Wii U

And when you look at the numbers from their first yea they have all had good launches, then dropped in sales (With the exception to the 3DS which jumped back up in sales)

Consoles on the market in general it's hard for newer consoles to sell since they are competing against systems with far better libraries. Over all gamers will come over time to the newer systems.
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#5shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 1:09:12 AM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

Umm what? Do you mean consoles sold this year or consoels sold this generation? Because so far onl 3 Consoels have been sold that have sales:

3DS
Vita
Wii U

And when you look at the numbers from their first yea they have all had good launches, then dropped in sales (With the exception to the 3DS which jumped back up in sales)

Consoles on the market in general it's hard for newer consoles to sell since they are competing against systems with far better libraries. Over all gamers will come over time to the newer systems.

no i meant the wii 360 and ps3 gen, previous gen.
---
#6Baha05Posted 6/22/2013 1:13:08 AM
shaunme posted...

Oh then you are still comparing and older console to a newer one which you can't really do in a typical sense, sales wise if you can compare them early on maybe but until both of these gens are dead it's hard to grasp how well the current generation will do at it's end versus the next gen at it's end.

I mean hell last gen kinda dragged on for a stupid long time because of the PS2 (Well it did end somewhere but still god dammit PS2 you have to have been the longest active console at this point)
---
"I will take the advice of PS3 over you, any day of the week. Especially, when you state that all aspect ratios are the same." Some Crazy Guy
#7shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 1:19:14 AM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

Oh then you are still comparing and older console to a newer one which you can't really do in a typical sense, sales wise if you can compare them early on maybe but until both of these gens are dead it's hard to grasp how well the current generation will do at it's end versus the next gen at it's end.

I mean hell last gen kinda dragged on for a stupid long time because of the PS2 (Well it did end somewhere but still god dammit PS2 you have to have been the longest active console at this point)

no i'm not.........at all i'm saying if last gen there was say 150 million home consoles sold combined, this gen we have sold 4 million.............what are they waiting for??
---
#8Baha05Posted 6/22/2013 1:21:08 AM
shaunme posted...
no i'm not.........at all i'm saying if last gen there was say 150 million home consoles sold combined, this gen we have sold 4 million.............what are they waiting for??

Then you aren't getting the simple facts each next gen systems suffer from, a lack of games at launch and competing with the last generation of consoles.
---
#9shaunme(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 1:24:27 AM
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

Then you aren't getting the simple facts each next gen systems suffer from, a lack of games at launch and competing with the last generation of consoles.

i guarantee, right now in front of everyone that both the ps4 and the xbox 1 will have sold more this time next year than the wii u has now.
---
#10squatch22Posted 6/22/2013 1:24:30 AM
shaunme posted...
Baha05 posted...
shaunme posted...

No, more like 250 million.
But how many own multiple consoles? How many were replacements?
---
Nintendo stock: 10,750 - Sony stock: 2,002
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg