Isn't WW HD Pointless

#41Sir_Meowcat_EsqPosted 6/22/2013 10:39:07 AM
This is what I thought since it was announced.... of all Zelda games to remaster/remake, WW was the least wanted of them. Love the game, but it still looks fine to this day... only that little bit of crappy screen lines really needed fixing (TP and SS had these too, and those were more in need of the HD treatment than WW)
#42UFOLochePosted 6/22/2013 10:50:53 AM
PhaseSlaethe posted...
And it is utterly pointless to have crap like FFX HD when FFX was a late-PS2 era game and looks FINE.

It's FFX & FFX-2 International, versions of the game we didn't get in the NA. It may not mean much in Japan but it's very significant NA & EU-wise. On top of that, it's going to be 2 games in HD for 40$, as opposed to 1 game for 40-60$.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I haven't played WW so I'm excited to get the HD version, but comparing the two is a bit silly.
---
NNID:UFOLoche Skype:Viewtifulninja1
Legends never die!
#43NaitoOkamiPosted 6/22/2013 11:10:45 AM
Freakzilla5 posted...
the game doesn't really look that much better than the GC version because of the artstyle that was used, it seems like something more suited for the VC. A much better alternative would have been MM as it would given them room to experiment with the visuals and further enhance the experience.

They are making Majora's Mask, just wait for it. It's going to be on the 3ds just like OoT, Nintendo is just keeping to their promise of not doing 2 remakes in a row for the same console. I don't see why people are complaing that a game company is keeping its promises. Besides, since the OoT remake was done by a 3rd party company, MM likely will be as well, so it should take to long after LttP2 is released to get MM on 3ds. The WW remake is mostly for the people who basically refused to play it originally due to the art style, who in my opinion aren't real zelda fans.
#44mjc0961Posted 6/22/2013 11:33:24 AM
Freakzilla5 posted...
the game doesn't really look that much better than the GC version because of the artstyle that was used, it seems like something more suited for the VC. A much better alternative would have been MM as it would given them room to experiment with the visuals and further enhance the experience.

Isn't this thread pointless? It doesn't really look that much better than any other troll thread because of the wording that was used. A much better alternative would have been an Xbone defense thread as it would given TC room to experiment with the trolling about losing family sharing and further enhance the experience.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#45Mandrew257Posted 6/22/2013 11:33:39 AM
No, alot of people like myself have never played it. And the game looks so much better, and it uses controls in a much different way. Hopefully they add the missing dungeons and some extras to the game. And hopefully they add the use of the Pro Controller.
---
Hope you like frosting, cause here comes the CAKE! (Punch)
#46Aladdin2557Posted 6/22/2013 11:54:37 AM
I think I read in an interview somewhere that by doing this they were able to figure out what was capable with the Wii U.

So really, it was more for them than it was for you :)
#47DeltaProjPosted 6/22/2013 11:56:50 AM
I'm actually noticing a huge graphical difference between the Wii U and Cube version. Also, remaking the game in HD allows Nintendo to sell it at a higher price, making them tons of money. That is why it isn't a VC release.
---
All my base are...broken :(
#48Snake_PiratePosted 6/22/2013 12:04:31 PM
I would have bought Majora's Mask 3D or Wind Waker HD if they had added a new dungeon.

Because they didn't put in the minimum effort into this I am playing WInd Waker now to get it out of my system.
#49MotiJrPosted 6/22/2013 12:28:08 PM
How are people not able to to see the improvement of the game over the original? Maybe you need to look back at the GC version then back at this again.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#50Snake_PiratePosted 6/22/2013 12:32:58 PM
Bloom lighting is not an improvement just an eyesore.