The WiiU needs Baten Kaitos III and Lost Kingdoms III

#1theofficefan99Posted 6/22/2013 10:10:48 AM
The BK and LK games were gems, and some of the absolute best games on the system, really awesome RPG's.

Anyone else wish these games were made for the WiiU?

I'd buy a WiiU just for those two games.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2userfrigginamePosted 6/22/2013 10:15:42 AM
Yes! Lost Kingdoms III! I've never played Baten Kaitos, but I will agree with you on that just cuz you included Lost Kingdoms.
#3Prince ShondronaiPosted 6/22/2013 10:19:08 AM
From Software doesn't seem to like Nintendo much at the moment, but I'd definitely be down for Lost Kingdoms 3.

Any fans of that series should check out Folklore if they have access to a PS3. Made by many of the same people, with similar gameplay.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#4KaiRyusakiPosted 6/22/2013 10:53:57 AM
I dont think Nintendo cares much about Baten Kaitos anymore now that Monolith had huge success with Xenoblade

Besides, Skies of Arcadia 2 is way more important right now
#5theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 11:40:05 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...
I dont think Nintendo cares much about Baten Kaitos anymore now that Monolith had huge success with Xenoblade

Besides, Skies of Arcadia 2 is way more important right now

Well Monolith can always try a third game :(
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6XenilPosted 6/22/2013 11:42:54 AM
I loved Baten Kaitos, I was lucky since I asked for it for my birthday just cause I liked the cover and never regretted it so if they ever announced Baten Kaitos III I'd buy it immediately. Seriously, Nintendo should start announcing more RPGs and people would flock to the Wii U.

Never heard of Lost Kingdoms but if it's anything like BK I'd buy that too.
#7HelsioniumPosted 6/22/2013 12:13:58 PM(edited)
Yasuyuki Honne, the director of the Baten Kaitos games, is still working on a secret project. He has released some Baten Kaitos-style drawings, but that was already about a year ago. He hasn't talked about that ever since (and the CEO himself reminded him to keep it secret). AFAIK, Monolith Soft has two development teams since they started working on Xenoblade. Honne (and presumably his team) did not work on Xenoblade apart from some early concept drawings and models, and had only little contractual work in the meantime (Skyward Sword, Project X Zone). So they might indeed be developing a Baten Kaitos sequel or spiritual successor.

EDIT: In fact, that was two years ago already. Do a Google image search for Yasuyuki Honne and you'll find them images.

---
Favourite games of all time: Zelda Majora's Mask, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade, Perfect Dark, Unreal (+ Tournament 1999), Super Mario Galaxy 2
#8sumweeabooPosted 6/22/2013 12:17:24 PM
I've played a Baten Kaitos game on the GC and it was pretty good. I remember once using cards to cook amazing ingredients and kick ass at the same time. I sort of miss it.
#9JonbazookabozPosted 6/22/2013 1:08:07 PM
Oh dear god i want a baten 3. Closely followed by baten 2 released on eshop as it never came west.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#10HelsioniumPosted 6/22/2013 1:22:54 PM
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Oh dear god i want a baten 3. Closely followed by baten 2 released on eshop as it never came west.

Baten Kaitos Origins was released in North America. It just never came to Europe, possibly because the first game didn't sell much (no surprise, there was no advertising after all) and localizing games for Europe is particularly expensive. However, if they ever start releasing GameCube games on Wii U VC, this will come certainly now that Monolith is owned by Nintendo. Both games are really great and even the hilarious voice acting of the first game started to grow on me. At least if you remember to turn the sound options to "surround" or everything sounds as if it was recorded through metal pipes...
---
Favourite games of all time: Zelda Majora's Mask, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Xenoblade, Perfect Dark, Unreal (+ Tournament 1999), Super Mario Galaxy 2