Soul Saga

#1senelcoolidge_Posted 6/22/2013 3:54:22 PM
Don't think I've seen this posted, but if you want this game on the Wii U then it needs to reach its goal

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/disastercake/soul-saga-a-j-rpg-inspired-by-playstation-classics
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
#2Virus66Posted 6/22/2013 3:55:09 PM
I saw this on KS earlier. It looks interesting but I would REALLY like to see more of how the game actually plays.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#3senelcoolidge_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 3:59:04 PM
Virus66 posted...
I saw this on KS earlier. It looks interesting but I would REALLY like to see more of how the game actually plays.

Seems like it would play like a mix between chrono trigger and FFVII?
---
"sony is much better than nsmbu" - ninsony12
#4SegavsCapcomPosted 6/22/2013 4:02:59 PM
I'm hyped and I know nothing about this game.

I'd pledge but I have no money to spare right now :(
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#5Virus66Posted 6/22/2013 6:09:06 PM
senelcoolidge_ posted...
Virus66 posted...

Seems like it would play like a mix between chrono trigger and FFVII?

Hard to tell. They didn't really show any gameplay. It just seemed like cued animations
---
I'm a living contradiction. I own a PS3 and a Wii U. A 3DS and a Vita. And the catch to that? I enjoy them all!
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 6/22/2013 6:12:51 PM
I'm kind of sick of seeing games that aim to prey on your nostalgia instead of selling ideas that warrant a purchase.
---
The most hilarious moment for video games so far this year:
http://bensbargains.net/thecheckout/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/major-nelson.jpg
#7Virus66Posted 6/22/2013 6:14:07 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
I'm kind of sick of seeing games that aim to prey on your nostalgia instead of selling ideas that warrant a purchase.

It's what sells though. I've seen some insanely creative ideas that just don't sell because they aren't familiar. It's why sequels sell better than new IPs
---
#8NovaLevossidaPosted 6/22/2013 6:22:11 PM
Virus66 posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

It's what sells though. I've seen some insanely creative ideas that just don't sell because they aren't familiar. It's why sequels sell better than new IPs

Nah, I don't mean established franchises or anything. I mean these games that specifically target periods of nostalgia for you and try to sell you on that angle instead of pitching the idea as something you'd want to play. Instead of "here's this great game we're coming out with and here's why everything makes it great" you get "you remember all those great games you liked 10-30 years ago on X platform? We're going to make a new old game!"

That doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a bad game (but they usually are), but there's quite a flood of games recently that just use your nostalgia for something else in order to sell you a game that has no real relevance to that time period. And the worst offenders are the ones that not only do that but also fill the text boxes to the brim with reference upon reference to stuff in that era without a single original thought to carry the game.

In short, I threw some money at Richard Garriott's Kickstarter because he wanted to go back to his design philosophy that created Ultima and then move the whole thing forward with new ideas. I wouldn't personally throw money at something like Retro City Rampage or Soul Saga.
---
The most hilarious moment for video games so far this year:
http://bensbargains.net/thecheckout/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/major-nelson.jpg