Nintendo has seriously messed up with Mario 3D land

#1grandabxPosted 6/22/2013 7:12:03 PM
I just finished reading the thread about M3DL not having online multi-player and it came to me:

Nintendo's in SERIOUS trouble with this game.

This game is PERFECT for online competitive play. Why would you NOT have it? Money? Well, if THAT'S the case, it absolutely makes NO sense.

Nintendo needs to finally realize that you sometimes have to SPEND money to make money. They want to create a robust online experience right? How are you going to do that if you're not willing to invest at all?

Each person's screen would focus on the character they're playing with so you could go anywhere and not have worry about staying close to the others. You could be in another level and your screen could tell you what area your opponents are in and all kinds of things like everyone's scores and hidden goodie percentage.

Another problem with no online feature is a lack of convenience. You see, having to have multiple controller to play people in the same room is not very easy for most gamers to obtain and also very expensive. What if you decide to play the game late at night? What about those that live alone?

This game is supposed to sell WiiUs? How are they going to market:

1. ONLY local multi-player when not playing solo
2 NEED multiple additional controllers

to people who aren't familiar with the wii brand?

Buying a WiiU + M3DL + extra controllers = more than ps4(currently)
#2TullyBlanchardPosted 6/22/2013 7:12:33 PM
whoa, easy big fella!
---
Follow Me! @Dagatassy - Nintendo Network ID: Dagatassy
#3GoombaXPosted 6/22/2013 7:17:30 PM
Mario 3D land is for the 3ds.
You trolls are getting more ignorant by the day.
---
3ds FC: 1891-1175-6647 My town: Termina
Currently Playing: LoZ: MM, MvC 2, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Last of Us
#4Wiiboy4everPosted 6/22/2013 7:18:37 PM
I think you're talking about Super Mario 3D WORLD, not Land.
#5GloryChaosPosted 6/22/2013 7:18:42 PM
"We're hoping that players can play with their girlfriends as Princess Peach!"

I don't think it's a money thing. Mario Kart 8 is going to have online and they even talked about intending to preserve 60 fps gameplay with 12 players online. It's probably because the game is due this year and they don't have time to add the mode.

Who am I kidding? They just don't want to add an online multiplayer mode is all.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png
#6gameG3ni3Posted 6/22/2013 7:18:51 PM
grandabx posted...
I just finished reading the thread about M3DL not having online multi-player and it came to me:

This game is PERFECT for online competitive play. Why would you NOT have it? Money? Well, if THAT'S the case, it absolutely makes NO sense.

Nintendo needs to finally realize that you sometimes have to SPEND money to make money. They want to create a robust online experience right? How are you going to do that if you're not willing to invest at all?

Each person's screen would focus on the character they're playing with so you could go anywhere and not have worry about staying close to the others. You could be in another level and your screen could tell you what area your opponents are in and all kinds of things like everyone's scores and hidden goodie percentage.

Another problem with no online feature is a lack of convenience. You see, having to have multiple controller to play people in the same room is not very easy for most gamers to obtain and also very expensive. What if you decide to play the game late at night? What about those that live alone?

Anyone who thinks games ''have'' to have online mutiplayer are simply stupid as ****. If this is your way of thinking, then you grew up in the Halo and CoD generation of gaming and I feel sorry for you.

I'd rather Nintendo spend all of the budget making a rich and healthy single player Mario than waste and split money with an online-multiplayer mode.

Games like SSBU and Mario Kart 8 will be online multiplayer, and are much better suited for it than SM3DW. SM3DW is fine the way it is...LMP is all we need for it, OMP would be a sad joke.
---
NNID: Xenteros
#7FFXIgaiaknightPosted 6/22/2013 7:19:46 PM
honestly i was one of the people that was heavily disappointed when the game was revealed then i got to try out the game and my opinion did a complete 180 The water slide level is what sold me on the game.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#8grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 7:28:01 PM
FFXIgaiaknight posted...
honestly i was one of the people that was heavily disappointed when the game was revealed then i got to try out the game and my opinion did a complete 180 The water slide level is what sold me on the game.

problem is: how long will it last? with online, you can constantly compete to see who's best. for instance everyone could be like FFXIgaiaknight is THE best player in M3DW. you can have this back and forth of those trying to knock you off your greatness.

with single player, once you finish with a 100. that's pretty much it.
#9FFXIgaiaknightPosted 6/22/2013 7:29:58 PM
grandabx posted...
FFXIgaiaknight posted...

problem is: how long will it last? with online, you can constantly compete to see who's best. for instance everyone could be like FFXIgaiaknight is THE best player in M3DW. you can have this back and forth of those trying to knock you off your greatness.

with single player, once you finish with a 100. that's pretty much it.

I cant answer that question cause im a little biased cause even if the game had online i wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole cause i wish the game didnt have multiplayer in general.
---
3DS FC: 4124-5007-1536
NNI: Gaiaknight
#10grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 7:32:04 PM
gameG3ni3 posted...
grandabx posted...

Anyone who thinks games ''have'' to have online mutiplayer are simply stupid as ****. If this is your way of thinking, then you grew up in the Halo and CoD generation of gaming and I feel sorry for you.

I'd rather Nintendo spend all of the budget making a rich and healthy single player Mario than waste and split money with an online-multiplayer mode.

Games like SSBU and Mario Kart 8 will be online multiplayer, and are much better suited for it than SM3DW. SM3DW is fine the way it is...LMP is all we need for it, OMP would be a sad joke.

was born in 78. don't like fps and competitive online could've been an OPTION.