Would it have killed Nintendo to make the Wii U a bit more powerful?

#1SkipjockeyPosted 6/23/2013 4:54:36 AM
Adding some more ram to the system as well as a better processor would have really helped the Wii U stay in league with the other consoles.
#2b1gt0nePosted 6/23/2013 4:59:48 AM
Skipjockey posted...
Adding some more ram to the system as well as a better processor would have really helped the Wii U stay in league with the other consoles.

It already does amazing graphics
#3wolf950Posted 6/23/2013 5:02:13 AM
The only thing I don't like is the size of the hard drive, but that doesn't really matter since anyone can get easily and fairly cheaply buy an external one.
---
It seems that the old gardener has finally died.
Thus was Konami's wish. Let us all mourn the death of one who stood in the meta for so long.
#4userfrigginamePosted 6/23/2013 5:12:39 AM(edited)
First off, they don't care about competing with the other consoles. Secondly, if they put out a new console with different specs, that'd a slap in the face to ppl who bought their console before the changes were made, and it's a sign of weakness. Third, the cost of doing that may either drive the price of the Wii U up, or make it so that they're in dangerous territory with selling the console at a bigger loss, while still having a console that's hard for third parties to develop for. Also, it probably wouldn't have made a big difference with the kind 1st party games they want to put out on the console.
#5cha_fan1Posted 6/23/2013 5:12:38 AM
It would have been a good idea, but I guess it would have pushed the system beyond reasonable levels of price. I would have liked to see the Wii U be powerful enough for four gamepads so my friends and I could play a digital poker game or do some more complex asymmetrical gameplay.

That being said, I've been extremely happy with the console as it currently stands. I enjoy Sonic Racing, Nintendoland, and New Super Mario Bros/Luigi U. With a Wind Waker remake, Pikmin 3, and a new Mario on the horizon, I look forward to continuing to enjoy the Wii U system for quite some time.
---
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.
#6greatone101Posted 6/23/2013 5:15:40 AM
userfrigginame posted...
First off, they don't care about competing with the other consoles. .

No they do care about who they are competing against and if anyone thinks otherwise they are an idiot.
#7blinkfreakPosted 6/23/2013 5:16:08 AM
While I would have liked the Wii U to be more powerful so there would be more support, you have to understand one thing.

Nintendo is made up of a bunch of developers. Even Iwata is a developer. They make systems that will allow them to make the games that they want to make. That is why Wii U is the way it is. And that is why there aren't any "hardcore" made by Nintendo. They make the games they want to make and games that they think will be fun. They really aren't competing in the same space.
#8rockyminPosted 6/23/2013 5:18:45 AM
b1gt0ne posted...
Skipjockey posted...

It already does amazing graphics

Only if you wear the special Nintendo fanboy glasses.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#9grandabxPosted 6/23/2013 5:20:11 AM
Skipjockey posted...

it's going to cost them the extra games they NEED to stay relevant for the future. I keep hearing about alllll this money they have, but what are they doing with it? they couldn't even be bothered to put an online option into Mario 3D World. THAT right there might really cost them. we live in 2013 NOT 1990. convenience is VERY important. who wants to struggle waiting for scraps of software and with limited gameplay options? where's this fun-factor they boast about being used at? how come they haven't even TRIED to make a Pokémon 3D adventure for consoles?

They just seem really out of touch, lazy and cheap. Watch what happens later this year after Gamescom and Tokyo game show.
#10userfrigginamePosted 6/23/2013 5:23:25 AM
greatone101 posted...
userfrigginame posted...
First off, they don't care about competing with the other consoles. .

No they do care about who they are competing against and if anyone thinks otherwise they are an idiot.

Right... cuz that's been soo apparent for awhile. Maybe to a microscopic degree, but their decision-making is hardly dependent on what the other guys are doing. Sony and Microsoft? Those are the guys who are really competing with each other and know it very well.